Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Soccer boys are sexy too...

Remember when Italian Futbol stars stripped for Dolce and Gabanna? I applaud their ripped torsos (yummy), but really boys, tightie whities?! Gag! So NOT necessary!! Since most of them did not at LEAST stick to the boxer briefs (which I happen to love), I'm sharing this awesome action shot instead!

Being raised in the states, nonetheless the good ol' South, I'm wildly enthusiastic about American football (fantasy football here I come), pig pickin's, ice cold beer, and everything that goes along with it, but I was also raised in a soccer family. My dad played on the national level so from the moment we were old enough to walk my brothers and I were made to sport the cleats and shin guards, and to the amusement of the other neighborhood kids, run drills and sprints around our house while my dad yelled at us with a stopwatch in hand! ha! What a sight, and how terribly mortifying!

With soccer rooted so deeply in my childhood, I cannot help but to appreciate it as an adult! My very first professional soccer game was in Melbourne, Australia- Man. U vs the local Socceroos! And tonight for a mid-week recharge, I'm off to watch Mexico vs. Iceland with a group of friends at the Carolina Panthers stadium right down the street! What are you doing to get through hump day and the rest of your week my loves?

As for me, you know what they say, "OLE! OLE! OLE! OLEEE! OLEEE!"

p.s. I've decided to pull for Mexico, you don't suppose these would be appropriate do you? The height on those heels, I know! But the colors represent so fabulously! ;)


thais said...

love the action shot and also the shoes!! I am from Brazil - so soccer is part of me as well- World Cup here we come :) have fun on your night out!

thais said...

oh! I love your new profile picture ;)

Roxy Te said...

oh don't even get me started on Brazil! I can't count the number of Brazil jerseys and pele posters my family owns haha We had a fabulous time, and now I can't get Ole!! Ole! ole! out of my head! ha! Thanks for the compliments on my profile picture! It was at a wedding so I'm wearing much more make-up than I do on a daily basis- you may not even recognize me!!!

Kristin M said...

thanks for the green C.Louboutin shout out! Glad ya'll had fun at the game!

Post a Comment