Wednesday, April 21, 2010

High Point Highlights: The Color of the Year

And the color of the year goes too...


TURQUOISE!
Interior photo via, Pantone Color swatch, shoes by Marni

When Pantone named 15-5519 the color of the year last Fall, I couldn't wait to see how this fun, vibrant color would infiltrate all industries from fashion to furniture!

A wholesale vendor, Global Views (showing at IHFC), made it a point to take note of this trend and introduced several fun accessories in trendy turq!

Acacia Home and Garden (go Mom and Dad!), also took note and were on trend introducing turquoise in their fabrics and as their newest finish for their W.I.N.O.S collection!

My mom dressed in and lounging on the color of the year!

W.I.N.O.S. stands for Women In Need of Sanity and was founded by fabulous Bonnie Jesseph who imagined sanity as diving into a big glass of wine at the end of the day- my kinda people! The licensed collection (can also be found at IHFC) includes indoor and outdoor pieces fashioned out of decay and moisture resistant, sustainable cypress wood! It takes very well to non-colors of the year too :)

Sniff said...

I love turquoise. It's one of my absolute favorite colors ever. And your mum looks beautiful!

the NEO-traditionalist said...

Ohhhh I LOVE turquoise!!! I didn't even know it'd been named color of the year! How cool that your parents work in the industry...your mother is tres chic! xoxo katie

The Jodi(e)s said...

turqoise, the color and the stone, are both my favorites!
that piece is divine and your color co-ordinated mama looks too cute sitting on it!

W.I.N.O.S is hysterical, I definitely need to start a girl's meet-up called that.

Love&Light!

Linda said...

FANTASTIC SHOES!! very good photos compliments as usuall!

meg fee said...

oh your mom is gorgeous. i absolutely love these photos and this color! note to self: introduce more turquoise into own life. now.

ps: yes, elizabeth and darcy and all of em would have written ardent love letters. (secretly i'd like to be elizabeth. secretly i'd like to do darcy. but shhh, don't tell!)

Unknown said...

Yup, turquoise is where it's at! Your mom is so pretty, and I will definitely check out that collection, what an inspired idea, and really clever! Love your blog, Roxy, and I'm a new follower!

Roxy Te said...

So thanks to you..all of you, my mom had a wonderful day as I shared all the kind compliments :) I'm thinking Turq and salmon = blog makeover??

Post a Comment