Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Welcome to The Wickliffe House. Charleston, SC

The newlyweds' First Dance

Hi loves! I'm back!! I apologize for the brief hiatus! The hub and I were in Charleston during Easter weekend for a good friend's wedding, and it took me til' today to recover from the festivities. I was on good (great) wifey duty Saturday night due to the fact that the H cannot contain himself when he gets around his best buds, and by not containing I mean a spill over a la whiskey on the rocks. Let's just say there were pit stops on the way back to the hotel...not fun ones! Basically I earned several gold stars ;)
The wedding we attended was sweet southern perfection- full of old world charm, down home comfort food, and effortless elegance. I was most impressed with the reception at the Wickliffe House- a 19th century Greek revival complete with stately columns, intricate plasterwork, and rich woodwork. We feasted on shrimp and grits, bbq, loaded mashed potatoes to name a few then danced the night away on the front lawn under stately trees that glowed with countless paper lanterns!
Here are some pics of my own and some from around the web (since I was busy toasting D & L!) to give you an idea of this ahhh-maze-ing venue!
Welcome!

If I had it to do all over again this would be the place to be!

Vintage settee and antique cocktail table equals a fabulous photo opp. for our friends Pat and Heath!

Well thought out detail in every corner.

Main dining room

I adore ceiling medallions!

I didn't quite do this venue justice so for more on the Wickliffe, check out this wedding over at Style Me Pretty!
Until next time darlings!
Roxy
Blogs said...

Wow! So beautiful. I want to visit or move to Charleston! Now I'm thinking I should make it happen:) Pretty pretty!

Sniff said...

I adore those old style mansions. I see Gone with the wind before my eyes every time I see a house like this. And I love that movie!

Post a Comment