Friday, January 7, 2011

New tastemaker mavens you must meet and a "surprise!"

I've weighed two options this morning: leading you to believe that I have been living under a rock versus keeping that which inspires delight all to myself. Guess what? You win, my darlings!! I simply cannot get over the peeper pleasing pretty-ness going on at several marvelous blogs I discovered just this very week so here they are!

p.s. Did you see me over at Design Darling yesterday?! After reading it, my Bobbi Brown go-to was so UNnecessary ;)

"Art Inspired" by Mimi + Meg

"Green with Envy" by The Pursuit of Style

"The Top 5 Most Buzzed about interior designers of the year" by So Haute


"To My Wife" A blog by John Jannuzzi where he writes notes to his Mrs.-to-be. Not as cheesy as it sounds!

And on another (so stinkin' cute!) note, my dad is always talking in "big picture" terms. "How was your day?" is habitually and most undoubtedly replaced with "What are you top three goals in life?" or "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" When did hi, hello become an interview and the living room a conference room?! Anyways, he "surprised" me today with this silly rendering he had his designers sketch up...


Sit! Stay awhile! The pops would be very pleased.
After he got quite a chuckle out of his little joke, he gave me a quick confidence building pep talk and motivation for creating, in my terms, a "sparkly" future! His intent was to inspire, and I love it! So tell me darlings, what's in yours? ;)
samantha ramage said...

i totally posted about "to my wife" the other day as well. it makes my heart melt, and i am sure anyone else who reads it! it's as bad as twilight!

xo
sami

Unknown said...

SO happy I found your blog...it's so delightful!!
xox alison

K. said...

SO cute! Do I dare send "to my wife" to my boyfriend?....

;)

Katie @ Goodsy
http://goodsy.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

Love that inspiration board at the top! And the chair of course ; )

Deanna Pai said...

Haha aww, that's so sweet of your dad! For both asking big picture questions and for the sketch, I mean. I LOVE "To My Wife" -- it's so cute, and way more entertaining than I first imagined. Have a wonderful weekend!

Lindsay said...

Thank you so much for including me! Such a treat :) xo

Heart Charlie said...

How amazing! And I love your blog roundups. Thank you so much for your wonderful and thoughtful music suggestions! I am off the check out Design Darling now :)

Dreamy Princess said...

To My Wife.. Love the honest part!((:

Your dad's lovable!! aaww... Lucky you!(:

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess
~I wonder what it's like to live in Paris~

knack said...

your dad is awesome! how special for you to have such a man in your life.....and I think "sparkly future" is so beautiful!

xo

Amina said...

what a beautiful blog youve got:-)

dulci said...

loooove the green!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Bridget said...

that green dress!

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

That is so sweet of your Dad!

Unknown said...

Love Mimi + Meg! I'm so thrilled now to be introduced to you :) ( and your dad sounds wonderful ) x

thais said...

your post at design darling was lovely. and your dad is the sweetest one ever! that's for sure one special chair.

Post a Comment