Thursday, May 19, 2011

Marilyn & My First Painting

"Marilyn Monroses" at Cozamia Modern Art
My attempt to paint Chuck Close style. Can you tell who she is? Probably not ;) Estella Warren.



The Marilyn "Monroses" print from Cozamia Modern Art is inspiring a whole room in my head. The largest size is 16x20; I really need it to be the size of a living room wall and hung in my pre-war loft. The color palette would echo this Serena and Lily bedroom and I would rock Hollywood Regency à la Wearstler. What do you think? Would you want to come over for cocktails?

p.s. Has an artist ever inspired you to paint? I attempted to paint Chuck Close style years and year ago and am thinking about doing it again. It's really such fun to paint all those little doodles in each square!
Nikki Rappaport said...

Nice job! I love this. I went through a Chuck Close phase during my high school studio art years. I would love to start painting again like this.

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Wow its absolutely gorgeous!! I love all of the color

samantha ramage said...

i wish we could find an asian icon to worship!

xo
sami

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

wow!all i can say is wow!

Heart Charlie said...

Beautiful! I love these, so interesting and fun! I would love to see some pics of your experiments with the Chuck Close style of painting! I bet you are awesome at it ;)

Heart Charlie said...

And thank you for the Daily Candy link to the make up trends!! I am now even more obsessed than ever!!!

KC said...

Your painting is fabulous! I think you might have inspired me to start it up again :)

Unknown said...

You are a talented talented painter. Una pintora muy talentoso!

La Boheme said...

Chuck Close is amazing! So many artists whose work I admire but no painting for me.....yet :) Wonderful job on your part though! xoxo

Behind the Lashes said...

Love the look of these prints. I would so hang that Marilyn one in my bedroom.

Post a Comment