Monday, August 29, 2011

My Little Piece of NYC. Founnnd It!!

Guess what, darlings? We found and signed for our NYC apartment last week! It's been such a crazy month, and I can't really afford to lose focus, but how could I not with these decorating fancies dancing through my head? I imagine our place will be a delicious mix of old and new, modern and vintage. Like this...

...that type of juxtaposition drives me mad in all kinds of good ways. I would also love to incorporate elements of what Cassandra calls "relaxed glam." I'm utterly enamored with the idea of unpretentious glamour. Love eyes, I tell you.


Of course, I'll throw in one of my bar carts. Duh. Just so necessary. Can you envision the holiday socials I'll throw? And the white blanket of snow (before it turns to brown slush haha) that my guests will have to trudge through after it magically falls on the island of Manhattan? I can :)
The Society Social Madison Mixer
Would you like a peek? These images are representative of the listings in my building, courtesy of craigslist since I haven't seen it in the flesh. (No joke.)

What do you think? Not too new with lots of character.

Right up my alley. I adore the exposed brick, high ceilings, and warm, worn hardwoods. And the molding. I  love the molding. Wouldn't you be distracted too? Send design ideas my way. They'll help me not to waste more time on Pinterest ;)

{Minnie Mortimer's Home via Vogue | Coco + Kelley | Society Social}
Lily said...

The new place looks amazing ! You can create whatever feel you want in that space ! Love your inspiration photos.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

ROX!!! I am totally doing my signature happy dance for you right now!!! I am super excited for you! Can't wait to see the new place decorated with that SS touch!

xoxo-Tiffany
delightfully-chic.blogspot

Aly said...

BEAUTIFUL! The day I have exposed brick in my house or apartment, is the day I have found my perfect living space - lucky girl.. have fun decorating this one :)

the southern hostess said...

I'm so excited for you! I love exposed brick!

A Crimson Kiss said...

How exciting-congratulations!

Unknown said...

How very exciting! And let your adventure continue. "Cheers" to your new place!

Dara said...

Can't wait to see the new place come together! That is soo exciting!

Unknown said...

Congrats Roxy! Which neighborhood are you in? So exciting! Can't wait to visit you :)

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Love the exposed brick! And now that you're in the northeast hopefully we'll get to meet up sometime!

Samantha said...

Welcome back!

Post a Comment