Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas for Two

This December will mark the first year that Alan and I will be spending Christmas just the two of us. We're celebrating with our families a week before then heading back to the city. Honestly, I have to say I'm a little nervous.

Will we be able to re-create the family traditions we've grown to love? Will it feel like Christmas without a decorated house full of bustling family?  With me traveling and working so much, we haven't even had time to make our apartment a home, much less decorate.

I'm working my way through the minor anxiety with small steps and things I'm familiar with. I think I'm on my way to creating a few holiday traditions of our own :) Have you been in a similar situation? I would love to know how you made it special!

{Sitting Tree Events}
Unknown said...

It's been years since it was just the two of us...but those will always be some of the most special in different ways. We did lots of cooking together, more food then we could eat! A small tree, maybe more like charlie brown style but lovely just the same. Fires and cozy fur blankets made for memorable/romantic Christmas eves!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Crimson Kiss said...

John and I have spent one Christmas just the two of us-we made a huge breakfast, had an outrageous dinner at a dim sum place where we were way outnumbered and couldn't read the menu and made our own sweet traditions. My best advice? Make it a day for the two of you, rather than a day where you miss what you might normally do.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

This is my first Christmas being married! We're on our own for the last bit of Christmas eve and the first part of Christmas morning this year. He wanted it to just be us. I'm a little nervous/sad to not be waking up to a full house at my parents...but, I think he has some plans to make it memorable. Stockings and gifts and if we weren't going to brunch, I'm sure we'd be cooking! Our favorite holiday tradition is to shop for an Angel Baby for Salvation Army. We're trying to think of new ones! Let me know if there are any you suggest! Merry Christmas, Roxy!

Post a Comment