Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New Year with There Comes a Yes

A New Year with Colleen of...



Your Greatest Accomplishment in 2011
2011 was the year I left a salaried job to chase after what I felt I was supposed to be doing; designing. I was terrified, but figured it was now when my husband and I had no children and no mortgage, or never. Leaving that job opened the door for my design work at Lonny, which fulfilled a 10 year dream of laying pages for a magazine. It's an amazing feeling to have my name on a masthead-- my heart is absolutely in publications. 

Your Greatest Aspiration for 2012
This year is definitely a turning point for me. Last year was, at first, about finding my career path. Then I was in an extremely serious car accident, which I wish I could say hasn't affected, but of course it has. Dreams and aspirations are amazing, but oh lordy health insurance is important too. So 2012 is about making a living out of those dreams. I'm assisting Jenny Komenda with interior design work, which I've found so satisfying, after many years of essentially manipulating pixels. The tactile experience, the errand running to new, out-of-the-way stores (I love getting out of the city!), room installs-- it's an energizing process. I'd love to try my hand at styling too, but baby steps first!

Jin said...

wow, thanks for sharing....Maybe 2012 is my year to take a leap of faith.


xo

jin

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

It's amazing what life can bring us. I wish you the best of luck this year. And congrats on assisting Jenny! Love her.

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

So inspiring!!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

What an inspiring story to have left a salaried job for her passion. I hope I am that courageous one day!

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing very inspiring!

Post a Comment