Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Picture Book

Better late than never? I don't have a lot of time, work will most definitely be taking over my life for the next 3-4 weeks, but I wanted to quickly share small moments from a really, really good weekend.  Friday came along, thankfully, and Alan and I headed downtown for a lovely dinner at Cacio e Pepe.
I bought a new notebook at McNally Jackson in SoHo that makes me happy every time I look at it. Did you know they do darling custom notebooks

I tried the half-tuck and was told that I looked like a ridiculous throwback to the 90s. Did people do that back then? I don't remember. Either way, I'm okay with it. Are you?
We ordered tapas of the sweet variety at the popular SPOT around St. Marks. Does one need four desserts at one sitting? Our answer is "Yes." More later!
Birthdays. I love them. Aren't the R. sisters beautiful? Nat and I went to Parsons together, and it's just so delightful to still be sharing cocktails and cupcakes years later. More civilized rather, but all together 100% delightful. Do visit The Wren in NoHo. One of the bartenders looks like Orlando Bloom. The cocktails are on point. Annd, it's just entirely too cool in that NYC kinda way.
Girls just wanna have fun. Happy birthday, Nat!
On Sunday, Alan suggested we go on a special brunch date before my business trip.  I thought it was really thoughtful :) We went to "the lowdown downtown" spot, DBGB. They are known for meat apparently. I can confirm on the sausage. More on that later, too. We read the quotes on the mirrors to each other while waiting for our food. My favorite was by Madame Lilly Bollinger-- the first one here. Capisce?

Then I hopped a plane for one cray month so I'll be in and out, but I'lll be checking in! Promise! Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend as well!

p.s. I heart NYC. It's so good to be back.
Shannon said...

Looks like a fun weekend! And yes to the half-tuck...especially if you look that good doing it ;)

Shoko said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Traveling Distances said...

I tried the half-tuck once, but didn't like how it felt/look at the back. It looked nice in front though.

Post a Comment