Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Summer of Rose


I've always been a strictly full-bodied red kinda girl, but I decided that this will be the summer of rosé. I vaguely remember trying it during my stay in France ("vin du pays" they called it, think their version of Trader's two buck chuck ;), but I really for the first time enjoyed it at Batali's Otto...
...and again most recently, a dizzying version from Sardinia at La Follia. Do you have any recs for me? Cheers to a rosy summer :)

{Art by Caitlin McGauley}
Lindsey Suggs said...

Oh this is too funny- I ALSO declared this the summer of rose! Someone gave me a bottle in May and it was so delightful, I've gone back for more and given it as gifts to others. Now we have a little rose posse in Wilmington so come on down here!!

Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Moi aussi! J'adore vin du pays.

thais said...

it sounds like a plan ;) love the illustration !!

Gabriella said...

Yum! Rose is quite delicious - I always love a good wine. Sangria is topping my list this summer, so refreshing!

-G.

Shannon said...

We're pretty new to the Rose fan club too, but we just got a Crios Rose of Malbec that is sooo yummy. In fact, we just went back to buy more bottles...oops :)

ABC said...

Love, love, love Rose! It's totally underrated, as far as I'm concerned. I highly recommend the Roses from Channing Daughters, especially the Rosato di Cabernet Sauvignon and the Rosato di Merlot. I'm biased, b/c it's a Long Island vineyard, but trust me - soooo good :)

XOXOXO
ABC

Julia D. said...

I'm a huge wine fan, but I'm more into chardonnay than rose. Nonetheless, I have to say that all of my favourite wines (except for a select few from France, one from Chile and another from Australia) are from the Okanagan region of British Columbia. I have no idea if you can get them in the US, but if there's a way they are absolutely worth it.

Post a Comment