Monday, August 6, 2012

Notebooks for Remembering

"I love crunchy peanut butter," Alan said as he chomped down on the toast I had just made for him. I was complaining about my recent lack of ability to remember words mid-sentence. "It's like, I can remember the lining of the word, the syllables, the first of it, may be the end of it, but it never fully comes until it's too late. Then I just look dumb." Then we launched into a conversation "about that one time, don't you remember?" about how he had used a made-up word that sounded a lot like the word he meant to use, but an incorrect vowel made it completely nonsensical. Neither one of us could remember the word. Case in point. Maybe I'll at least remember that my husband loves crunchy peanut butter on his toast versus smooth. Just in case I can't...

Notebooks for Remembering:
Albertina said...

I love these! always have a few of this kind of notebook lying around for an unforeseen use. After having kids I notice the memory problem got way worse!

Deanna Pai said...

Guh, now I want to put gold leaf on everything! I like writing down one-liners of random moments on days I wouldn't otherwise remember; they're almost like little snapshots.

Unknown said...

You are hilarious...and I am loving all of these notebooks! Maybe we are forgetting things because we are getting OLDER, ahhh hate that word! haha

mina said...

you're so lucky to live in ny!

the pink looks amazing on you. you're stunning!

Julia D. said...

How cute is that notebook?! I'm completely with you, I have to write EVERYTHING down.

Post a Comment