Thursday, August 9, 2012

Silly Pet Names


This is going to sound extremely silly, but the truth is, Alan and I call each other all kinds of ridiculous things-- honey love, sugar butt, bugger boo, petit chou. I saw this keychain at the Brooklyn Flea over the weekend and I smiled to myself. Before you poke fun, according to Women's Health lovey-dovey-kissey talk can lead to a healthier relationship! Ha! Do you have silly pet names for your significant other? Spill it ;)
Shannon said...

Yeah we do...well me really more than him. He is from El Salvador so he calls me lots of romantic things in spanish but me not so much. They vary depending on what we are doing i.e sarcasm will get him 'sparky'! I probably come up with a new one each week. lol!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

LOL - TOTALLY. he's my Baby Pot... I'm his turtledove. or kumquat. or baby gosling. SO WEIRD :)

milk tea + polkadots said...

Haha...that's so cute! My husband and I are boring. No pet names. But I do call one of my babies Honey Bear cuz she's chubby and squeezable like a little bear!

Caitlin C. said...

This is the sweetest thing ever. I love coming up with pet names for each other... they can be so random! But that's what makes it so cute I think :)

Lindsey Suggs said...

Today I got called watermelon for the first time ever this morning. Not sure that it's all that lovey dovey but I liked it! HA!

keely @ luxe + lillies said...

I nneeeeeeeedd this little pendant. I call my dog "minxy" ALLLLL the time. As far as my husband goes, I call him "prince" I really don't know how it started or where it came from - but it stuck :)

Julia D. said...

So sweet! I think the broader idea of continuing to do the cute little things for each other that you did in the beginning of your relationship, whatever that may be for each individual couple, definitely makes it healthier.

Post a Comment