Friday, October 12, 2012

My NYC Apartment by Design Manifest


There's a long story behind why this never happened. It all started in November 2011 and includes a lying, cheating slumlord, a lying, cheating doctor, a mental breakdown, thousands of dollars (think about 5 digits. vom.) unexpectedly lost in custom made furniture, moving costs, and medical bills. I hope karma has kicked both their asses by now. In the aftermath of the incident, we couldn't afford to decorate for a very long time, or even buy new furniture at that, thus none of the above ever came to fruition. I think it broke both our hearts, both as in Naomi and I, because it was so fun working together. The good news is I'm finally back and ready to play. Thanks to the talented (and sweet!) Naomi I have quite the game plan, which originally stemmed off the words boho and eclectic. We discovered this after the initial plans were done so it's going to change a bit, but Orangerie stays, I will never be able to throwout the Duchess!
Albertina || MimosaLane said...

So glad you are back on track!! Next time I come to NYC I want a tour!!

Barren @ Chelsea condominiums said...

Well NYC is one of the most desirable city one cannot afford to loose to get a view of, its really quite fascinating with amazing neighborhoods and scintillating nature.

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

totally missed this post. yea girl- git it done!!! can't wait to see what you come with. And yes, glad you mixed it up a bit. the design was weirdly similar to Jenny's!!

great minds think alike?

Unknown said...

Thanks for post I like it me also share with you some tips hope you Hand designed furniture is built to fit your space. Traditional cabinets are built to standardized sizes and homeowners with rooms that have unusual angles have a hard time finding pieces that fit their space while improving the function of the space.Handmade Furniture

Boots and Stilettos said...

I am in love with this rug! Where did you find it?

Post a Comment