Monday, October 22, 2012

Speed Decorate NYC, Day 2

"It's not about the label, it's about the look." What I said to Alan when he made fun of me for buying this Kathy Ireland lamp.

"Um, that's a lot of pink." What Alan said to me when I put this Matisse print in our "shopping cart."

"But there are boats in it and blue and green. You like blue and green. How about you get to pick the next one regardless of what I think?" Don Quixote, c. 1955 by Pablo Picasso. (insert sigh of relief... for both of us)

"Can I be the zebra because I'm mixed? Well, that makes me the elephant. Are you saying I'm fat? Fine, I guess will be the elephant, but can we pretend it's like Madagascar? I love that movie."

"Sorry. I have to do this. At least there are two that you really really like." 

"Are we done? Yep, done." 
Thanks to art.com, allposters.commadebygirl.com, and lampsplus.com for getting our marriage through art and lamp shopping relatively painlessly. Did you miss Day 1? Click here! More soon!
Naomi@DesignManifest said...

yay for decoration and happy marriages. Cant wait to see all the walls!

Kimberly Lewis said...

I love the prints but I love the commentary even more!

Albertina || Mimosa Lane said...

Yes!! you two are too cute! I love all your choices

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

hey Roxy thanks! xoxo

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Unknown said...

i love the last matisse piece! very cool.
Fancy {No}Pants

Lesley from Lamps Plus said...

Such a cute post, Roxy - glad our lamp could help make your shopping painless! :)

ashley nicole catherine said...

hahah i love the exchanges! sounds like my husband and i. can't wait to see the final result! xo

Unknown said...

You are too much!!! I am loving the first Matisse print and the "Madagascar" themed print!! Can't wait to see all these projects you are doing!!

Samantha said...

Alan should TOTALLY and COMPLETELY trust your taste.

(That being said, a man will take a bullet for you before he will agree to pink anything.)

Post a Comment