Thursday, March 14, 2013

3 Things

Give...


I read this post at Cup of Jo this morning and wanted to share as counting your lucky stars is a great way to start your day. For some reason, no matter how great my day goes, like described in the post, I am overcome with anxiety at night about everything an' all! I wake up feeling silly because the prior night's worries, that never fail to plague me in those few minutes or hours before bed, always seem way less scary in the morning hours.

So last night while trying to fall asleep, and as I felt the worry start to creep in, I made myself think of three things that had happened during the day that I was grateful for.  My list included: a spur of the moment gelato date with Alan at an hour in which we would normally be getting ready for bed (I know, get crazy:), an unexpected phone call from my brother who lives overseas, and finally, nailing down a new bar cart design that I'm truly excited about-- a task that has been making me nuts!

What are three things you're grateful for? Share below and let's get on with this day! Happy almost weekend, guys:)

{Illustration by Inslee}
Becca - Rebecca Atwood Designs said...

I totally hear you! What a good idea. I am behind on my blog reading and will have to read Joanna's post.
Three things I'm grateful for:
-Plans to have dinner with Steve tonight and celebrate his birthday at ABC Kitchen
-Getting to go to the gym at a time that's convenient for me
-Finishing my lookbook for the launch!

Anonymous said...

i start every day listing all the things i am excited to do that day and then end it listing all the things that made me happy that day. it doesnt matter how big or small. and i'm going to get gelato later and i am soooo excited!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Love this post Roxy! I've been struggling with anxiety at night too. There's no reason to focus on the negative when there is so much good in our lives to focus on instead! Thanks for the reminder

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Going to start this tonite. date soon?

Julia D. said...

Such a great exercise to do.

Post a Comment