Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Recap {Lunch Dates & Tailgates}

Last Friday the girls and I kicked off the weekend with a fabulous lunch al fresco.  Apparently there was a sale going on, the real kind of "Back To School" sale most parents probably wish for, 


and after a few glasses of refreshing sauvignon blanc and excited chatter about the weekend's upcoming events, we decided to head to the mall to run a quick wedding errand for L who's getting married next spring (yay!) and for a little "window shopping."

Before we got far, we were sidetracked by Sephora.  How could you not be?  I swear that store has a magnetic pull that draws you in whether you like it or not.  It's like the girly girl's ultimate playground, and within seconds we found ourselves puckering our glossed lips, batting our lengthened lashes, and complimenting each other on the funky eyeshadows we bravely tested (below), but would never really wear in real life.  Let's just say green and blue never looked so cool and K-wow, you should get a part-time job as a make-up artist.  

 {Sephora's New Colorful Palette.  13 different compacts featuring 4 coordinated eyeshadows, a matte liner, and application how-to's, $24}

We then decided we wanted "grown-up" friendship bracelets.  Studs, glass crystals, and leather beats (by a long run) cheap thread braided bracelets of elementary school's past.
{J.Crew's Jewel Stud Double Wrap Bracelets, $29}

Of course no trip to the mall would be complete without a little shoe shopping fun, and I wanted nothing more than to prance around in these fierce little babies.  Sexy suede and dangerously sick spikes would be the cherry on top of any rocker chic ensemble. 
{Sam Edelman's Lorissa Peeptoe pumps, $200} 

I almost escaped purchase free, but the last and most tempting stop proved to be too much for my willpower too handle.  $10 off the orig. price was enough for me to whip out the visa, and I headed home with a much needed basic in hand.
  {Urban Outfitter's Ankle Cigarette Pant, $49, but currently $39 in-stores and online}
  
The rest of the weekend was full of friends and football fun! 
  What did you do this weekend?  Happy Monday, loves!
Sandy a la Mode said...

i LOVE those j.crew wrap bracelets!! so pretty! looks like you had a great weekend!

Elisa said...

I love Sephora! It's girl's best friend. and those bracelets. Adore..
Looks like you had a fun weekend. We went to an outdoor theatre with our little one. She was counting the stars and eating pizza. It was a fun time.

Happy Monday!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Love the studded pumps.. and Sephora has the same effect of me!

I spent my weekend at a football game too.. they are so much fun! And I think I will be in Charlotte when the Bengals play the Panthers in Sept..

Elizabeth said...

Love the straight leg jeans!
and the wine sale!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

fun weekend! those cigarette pants are great and who could pass them up with a deal like that!

Amy Bird said...

Hey Girl! LOVE the blog!!! I just realized that we both have similar taste! I just today about those Sam Edelman pumps with the spikes on them! How sweet are those! They aren't even that bad in price! So glad someone else loves them as much as I do! I am now a follower of your blog!

-Amy Bird Tweets
xoxo

Come check out my blog:
amybirdtweets.com (you will see the Lorissa pumps on my first page!) haha

Post a Comment