Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rep Yourself. New York Fashion Week.

The last time I was at New York Fashion Week, I was an intern. What did I wear? What they told me to. None of this fun stuff.
It was a small black tee with stark white lettering. WWD right across my chest. There was to be no confusion I was only there...
...to hand out the programs. To some that may not count, but to hand programs out to fashion's darlings made me dizzy with delight. Chalk it up to small town girl syndrome, but I thought I was the cat's pajamas.
This year I'm headed back and this time as me. You see it was twofold, that simple cotton tee declared I was with Conde Nast. It was safe. No pressure to accessorize. To cleverly layer print and pattern.
This time I get to bring it. I'm almost decided on the fact that I'm going to wear my Society Social Hostess Gown. It may seem utterly ridiculous to float about in more than 6 yards of floor length chiffon, maybe even in broad daylight...
...but on that first Fall day in a new to me big city, I do recall excitedly handing pink haired Patricia Field a program. Something tells me she wouldn't mind at all, and that's enough justification for me.

{Harper's Bazaar | The Sartorialist | Vogue}
Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

Oh gosh! THAT IS SO EXCITING FOR YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!!! If you spot Olivia, I expect a sneaky camera phone shot! And please post photos of your outift!

www.mimosasnthemorning.com

samantha ramage said...

omg, definitely wear the caftan! i hope you see patricia field again!

xo
sami

Gorgeous Glam said...

ohh that's so cool, a full circle moment! ;) It's ever only a matter of time that we shine when we walk in our destiny and you are embarking on that dear ;) have fun and knock em dead with that gown! xo-Taj

Mr. Baxter Brown said...

Congratualtions!! You have an adorable blog and I am saving my pennies to buy some of your amazing society social pieces soon! Can't wait to read about fashion week!

Aly said...

LOVE that dress so much .. i hate saying hard work pays off, but I think its more that your passions always take you where you want to go ! you are going to feel awesome in that dress :)

Unknown said...

OF COURSE you have to wear your NEW hostess gown...it will be FABULUOS!
I miss fashion week in NYC...although I never appreciated it when I went...had to always go for work...and it was fun..but a little bit of a pain to travel all the way into NYC for one show..and than turn back around....but an experience non the less...and now I wish I had the same ticket...lol.
Fortunately for me Philly is now launching a fashion week and I am participating in a bunch of their events...
Hope everything is going well..LOVE the bar carts, as soon as I have some extra funds..one of those badboys is MINE!!!
C

Post a Comment