Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Little Piece of NYC

The NYC digs are coming along quite nicely, if you disregard the lofty (was I delusional?) ambition to have it decorated by my birthday, which needless to say, has come and gone. My excuse is that I'd like our place to come about "organically." Right? Right! Anyways, I've slowly been mulling over lamps, art, ottomans, fabrics, drapes, and I thought I'd share a few of my fun finds!

ART!
Alan doesn't know it yet, but I'm secretly making pink a sneaky accent color. He can't argue this painting, it has one of his favorite colors in it too-- a shade of it anyways ;) I really adore the layers of peonies and the romance that this print by Cozamia evokes. It also goes perfectly with my Chinoiserie meets Paris vibe!

OTTOMANS!
My tufted ottoman came through production yesterday. I almost passed out when I saw it. I chose a Robert Allen cut velvet in Citrine. It looks pretty snaz, if I do say so myself :) I think it's going to be the perfect spot to prop up our feet, while serving as additional seating when we have guests. I'll definitely need a tray to make a flat surface for trinkets and such. Coffee table chic here I come!
FABRICS!
I've been holding on to this beaut since the beginning of October and can't quite decide what to do with it! Make it a resin table top or pillows? HELP!!
SMALL SPACE SOLUTIONS!
Since we have chosen location over space, I've put in an order to myself (this cracks me for some reason) for my Society Social Dinner Party folding table. It folds down to just 7 inches when not in use! As a lover of good food, tasty bevs, and fabulous company, this is a must at the O household. I chose red as I have decided to make it my signature color; everyone should have one!

LIGHTING!
Our everyday china is a set from the MIL that we've had for years now. It's one of my fave classic blue and white patterns like so!  I've been collecting similar vases, and I'm now on the hunt for a matching ginger jar table lamp. The image below is Tory Burch's home as seen in Vogue.

Anyways, that's all for now! What do you think? Suggestions, tips, concerns? :) Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. As for me, I enjoyed spandex and lots of fam! Pic is via my brother's photography blog!
Unknown said...

YOu must! It will be amazing!

Behind the Lashes said...

I just love that print you posted first. It's beautiful. I can't wait to see pics of your new place. It's going to be so gorgeous!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Wow. The fabric looks so good in the furniture.

Your family is so beautiful.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Oh I love that art work. And I can't wait to see the finished ottoman! I know your place will end up being absolutely stellar and so you.

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

That Orangerie is insane! I say you need chairs, and pillows, and maybe a skirt for good measure?

Post a Comment