Friday, July 6, 2012

Retro-Inspired Gold Ball Drop Earrings

I first spotted them on the Mad Men episode in which Don whisks Betty off to Italy. I knew I had to have them for myself the first Society Social photo shoot; they would go perfectly with my retro-inspired hostess gowns, after all.
After a a few funny google search variations, I was surprised to find them so easily, and in gold and silver too! As you can see they arrived just in time for the shoot. I tried to find them again for those of you who have been asking :)
Unfortunately I couldn't find the exact earrings (wah wah wah), but I did find some beauts if you're willing to spend a pretty penny! For example, this micro-pave version is a total stunner and if you want your "whole head to sparkle" (ROTFL) snatch these up by Kenneth Jay Lane.
Mine seem to be long gone, but I bought them from this website for about $20 (!) in the case they may come back. On a side note, that's my brother and I who's here visiting for the whole week! We're cabbin' it on our way to dinner (it.is.too.hot.to.walk.anywhere), I'll be sharing a few pics of his visit soon! Happy Friday, darlings!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Love those earrings! So retro and fun. Hope you have a great weekend, love!

Anonymous said...

Where are your brothers sunglasses from?

thais said...

retro and chic! love them... happy hot friday to you dear, xo.

Nuha said...

i absolutely love those earrings - so sexy! yet, knowing me, I'd probably never be able to pull them off. i'm so bad about earrings, i always feel like they're so "in your face" when i wear them

Samantha said...

Oooo. I have a pair of those. Old ones. Didn't know they were back. Must dig them out.

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

Yes!!!! I have a vintage pair of those....I'll instagram you a pic!

Julia D. said...

I want to LIVE in your photoshoot. So incredible. Hope you had fun with your brother!

Post a Comment