Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Weekday Date

Alan and I are always trying to catch up with one another, especially now that his company is being cray and his work schedule takes him right through to the weekend. Yesterday he asked me on a lunch date since a meeting was going to be nearby.  I was giddy with excitement at the thought!

With convenience in mind and a little extra special, it wasn't hard to turn lunch break into date break.  First things first, I changed out of my work-at-home gear and put on a siren red dress. No need to hold back even if at noon, and a bright color is perfect for a rendezvous, something that already makes my heart race. You can read about it here!

He was to be heading to a meeting directly after so I put away my favorite reds and pinks and opted for a clear gloss (and mints of course!) since I knew there was going to be at least a greeting kiss. ;) No need to share that with co-workers!

We chose a mutually convenient spot, in this case Coffee Shop at Union Square, so we wouldn't have to rush through our meal in our barely an hour time window and tried to limit conversation to anything but work!

Because we chose our restaurant strategically, we even had time to enjoy some sunshine with a post-lunch walkabout the park. It was such a lovely switch up and a great way to keep things fresh if schedules refuse to get along! How do you weekday date? Let's share ideas!
Test said...

Such a cute post... Love that you guys had an impromptu date!

Nikki Rappaport said...

Adorable post! And that dress is so sexy on you!

Unknown said...

Love this! Gray surprised me with a date last night and it was the best! I love a weekday date!

Albertina said...

you are too cute! and beautiful in that red dress! I love COffee shop! I used to go there after going out for some fried food! ja! I love Republic nearby. Lucky girl with a mid-day date....so special!!

Carly Haslee said...

Love everything about this! You looked amazing, and it truly sounded like the perfect little moment!

K.Frog. said...

I love your weekday date idea! It's so cute.

Julia D. said...

Kudos for finding ways to make your relationship a priority when both of you are super busy with work..and creative ways at that!

Post a Comment