Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tomato, Tomata, Prosciutto...


Do you ever get certain words mixed up by accident? Recently Alan can't stop saying bruschetta in the place of prosciutto.  Prosciutto isn't said often in daily language, unless you're Italian, or me, who happens to have the problem of being able to eat my weight in antipasto plates. We've talked about learning French together. Can you imagine the hilarious mix-ups that could occur? Or the French language coated in his thick southern twang? He makes me laugh :)

p.s. Other words you really shouldn't get mixed up. Nobody will laugh.

{I Dream of Paris Print}
Unknown said...

too fun...i can see how the mix up could happen ;) on another note..i have always loved that little poster...i seem to always be dreaming of paris...le sigh. XO brynn

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

I love the common misspellings. I feel like I'm constantly having that conversation with someone- they are so easy to get right but so bad when they are wrong.

christine donee said...

prosciutto, bruschetta.. it's all good to me!

Julia D. said...

That's too funny. I really love bruschetta, so from that end I can totally understand the slip and having it constantly on your mind. Learning a language together sounds like a really fun bonding experience, not to mention helpful to be able to communicate exclusively with each other in certain circumstances.

Post a Comment