Friday, November 30, 2012

November, it's been a circus!!!

Photo shoot on the Upper West with an HGTV star and a favorite mag! So many talented women in one room, the view made me go home and work harder. One day. I'll be a guest editor too! yay!
Photo shoot in Soho at my homegirl Tam's with my brother and official photog of course! Gabrielle saved the day with her floral masterpieces. And an exciting addition joined us too, Barrel Aged Films! Bella totally got in on the action and bff surprised me with a dozen Georgetown cupcakes. I've never been rewarded so generously for taking over someone's home.
Teamed up with some favorite peers to help raise money for the victims of Hurricane Sandy!
Squeezed in some 29th (!) birthday celebrations. Sweet Al took me to the quaint little Bell, Book, and Candle in the West Village then to Sweet Revenge for even more cupcakes and champagne. It's safe to say I o'd on sugar that week.
Photo shoot with my mom- she framed my baby pj's and styled it over the Devlin Bar Cart. How embarrassing and sweet all at the same time. I am Chinese if you please, I am Chinese if you don't please ;)
Made a cameo on HGTV.com- my styling tips y'all!
Made a cameo in Sweet Lemon Mag!
Did I mention we do a lot of photo shoots? (Thank you for following along!!)
Celebrated Thanksgiving with my best sister friends in NC. They surprised me with an early birthday celebration since we couldn't be together on the day of! :)
Scouted more treasures on another vintage buy! You can see all the goodies I curated here!
Had the best Turkey day with my lova in NYC. Just the two of us! We walked the Brooklyn Bridge and all over Brooklyn before having dinner with a birds' eye view of the glittering city.
Decked the halls... isn't our almost Charlie Brown Christmas Tree just darlin? I carried that little guy on my hip all the way home. I totally had an Inslee "Little Tree" moment! People stopped to compliment my cutie patootie tree like it was a puppy. ha! p.s. Christmas trees and the NYC subway at rush hour don't get along.
Added F.I.F.I. for entertaining season aka Frolic-Inducing Folding (chairs) for Impromptu Fetes! My apartment is beginning to look like a Society Social showroom.
Shared my picks in the new (genius) publication, To and From. Find a gift for even the hardest person to shop for. Congrats Meg and Katie! And big kisses to all the ferocious ladies who gave little SS a shout-out!
Business as usual, we sent off bar carts to get sloshed at holiday socials!!
Designed a new sofa and a new stool/ottoman! Let's name her together?? Anne, Amelie, Antoinette? (under wraps for now :) Re-introduced my booziest bar cart. Pre-order if you want!!
On top of the normal, excited to be an expert at Pepperologie this weekend! I planned a class centered around booze of course. I'll be teaching how to make my favorite cocktail, a Christmas themed tablescape, and showing how to set up a DIY gin and juice bar. Holla back y'all!

Hey guys!! Can you believe it's been a month? Thanks so much to those of y'all who have checked in on me to make sure I'm alive!! Y'all are the sweetest, seriously! #bloggerintervention I'm here but entirely swamped and entirely missing writing to you. 4th Quarter is so important for my baby biz so I've got my head down hustling away hoping I can make my year! Just a few little updates above with lots in between...I promise I'll be back soon! Hope everyone is getting in gear for the holidays!! Happy December! Whaaaaaaat!
Unknown said...

You are amazing! I think you packed more into a month than I've done the entire year ;) So excited to see your new designs! xoxo

Lindsey Suggs said...

You go girl!!!!

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

You're killing it!! So proud of you #firl! X

Meredith said...

Wow! And you always look so glamorous while doing it! Where is that fabulous camel coat from?!

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

love that your mom framed your PJ's! and they're so stylish. You're a busy gal!

Albertina || Mimosa Lane said...

You have me in awe!! You are the sweetest, most charming, WONDER woman ever!! Your mom is precious....and creative (its in the genes!) I love the look of the pjs...so dramatic and chic. two Halloween's ago my daughter's custom was very similar to your pjs.....How cute to frame them...hmm....YOu look beautiful in the photo with your red shoes. So happy for you!!

Albertina || Mimosa Lane said...

oMG and HAPPY BIrthday!! You are an accomplished lady for 29!! You should be proud.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Love your skirt!

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

What an amazing month!! Love watching you soar darling and happy to be a part of your shoot. bella misses u.

Paint the town sistah!

Julia D. said...

Look at you go! Congratulations, Roxy!

SarahJ said...

glad i just got to catch up on your life!! i miss you sister friend!!!!!!!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

So much for you to be proud of, Roxy! You are an inspiration. Congrats on all your successes this year, doll!

Samantha said...

Hi Roxy. So glad to see you pop up on my blog roll. I was beginning to worry that Sandy had taken you out. Congrats on all the accomplishments. Hope you had fun in Brooklyn (my hood, you know.)

Post a Comment