Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BB Creams

I had to get back on Proactiv y'all, for the first time in 10 years. My skin has been consistently breaking out and consistently getting worse since 8/17/2011- the exact launch date of my business. Coincidence? I believe it's the sure reason I am prematurely aging while simultaneously looking like a hormonal, acne-faced teenager. HOT. 
Fresh-faced Karlie Kloss at Paris Fashion Week
Aside from reverting to an old go-to, I've started using BB Cream, too. Supposedly BB creams are all-in-one miracles meant to replace serums, moisturizers, primers, foundations, and sunblock.  I chose Smashbox Camera Ready that says it can "visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles after only four weeks" and love it so far. We'll see in four weeks ;) Here's a mini round-up of the highest rated BB Creams at Sephora-- 


Have you tried anything new lately? Do share! I've making it  more of a priority to take care of myself, and I need all the help I can get. xo!

p.s. A few BB Cream round-ups and reviews for ya:


Meredith said...

I have had a really hard time with my skin of late. I received the Dr.Jart BB Black Label Detox in my Birchbox last month, and I think it is terrific. It has a bit more coverage than other BBs I've tried. While I have only used it for a short time (because I had such a small amount), I feel like it makes my skin look a bit glowly, and I plan to buy the full-size. Perhaps you will like it too! http://bit.ly/LEKXnU

meghan silva said...

I dunno why I've been dragging my feet to try bb cream . Great read.

xo Meg<3

Lili said...

i have been using dr.jart's BB cream both the water-based and black label and i thought they were great UNTIL i tried the smashbox one - so amazing! - i cant wait to finish up my current ones and switch to smashbox! good choice for you, it took me awhile to find the perfect one!

Roxy said...

Thanks for the tip, Meredith!! Dr.Jart seems to be such a fan fave!

Roxy said...

Do it!

Roxy said...

I've heard good things about jart, too! I wasn't sure if I should try it out over my smash box. Thanks for being my Guinea pig, lil. Haha!

Kimm Jones said...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your skin! That is always so frustrating. I have been using the Dior BB cream for awhile now and I definitely recommend it. My skin is looking fresh and FAB and the color adjusts beautifully to my skin tone.

Just Another Shopaholic said...

I use the Clinique BB Cream and love it!!

Comfy Cozy Couture said...

I use the Smashbox BB Cream and I absolutely love it. I think it works best for people with yellow undertones in their skin. If you have red undertones then Dr. Jarts is a lot better in my opinion! Hope this helps! XoXo

Dominique (ComfyCozyCouture.blogspot.com)

Lindsey Suggs said...

Roxy, you would NEVER know your face has been breaking out by your photos. Your skin always looks great!! But I hear you. I got on a full-frontal Yonka regiment and now get facials about every six weeks. It's expensive but you only get one face so best to take care of it, right? I tried Jane Iredale BB cream once and thought it was great. Good line for sensitive skin. But you look fab, lady!

Your Southern Peach said...

Daniel was on Accutane as a teenager and STILL uses Proactive religiously. He swears it is the only thing that works for him. You always look fabulous to me though! LOVE BB creams and cannot live without them now.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing..;)
kiddicare

Tess said...

I should try some of the pricier BB creams, especially the Dior one, but I initially tried the MAC BB cream and love it. I mix it with a little smash box photo finish primer (not that it needs it, I'm just obsessed with that product silky feel). It seems to blend really well and correct color too. Maybe give the MAC bb cream a try too if you're in the market!
xo,
Tess

Post a Comment