Monday, June 17, 2013

My Bedroom Makeover

Mom and Dad have been bugging me for months to choose a new paint color for my bedroom in our home in the Philippines. They first built the house when I was in high school and at the time I chose a cheery salmon color that I paired with sheer white linens and honey-hued rattan. I've been dragging my feet in indecision, but we'll be there for the wedding in about month so it's now or never. After quite the colorful week in the blog world at Erika's...

...and this citrus-y chair at Hanna's...
...I've been inspired to go bolder and more graphic than a fresh coat of paint. I'm obsessed with some kind of citrus tree or floral and fauna motif so thus far I've pulled Mangosteen... (Mangos are my favorite fruit and the national fruit of the Philippines. They must be related, right?)

...and Naples, both from my favorite Thibaut.

I've also saved this beaut from the Oly Studio showroom at Highpoint last year. You probably recognize it from Pinterest and all over the blogosphere; it made its rounds!

A talented artist has already painted gorgeous murals in the other parts of the house so if I don't go with wallpaper I'm so tempted to have him come in and have at it in my room.  I only have to see it at the most once a year, therefore the chances of me tiring of it are pretty slim-- why not go bolder, right?

A hand-painted mural or wallpaper? Of course, I would pair it up with all kinds of my fabulous faux bamboo! What do you think?

charmaine said...

A big Yes!!

Lindsay, XO Lindsay said...

Yes, yes, yes! Paint schmaint! Get you some wallpaper in there!

Amber said...

I LOVE the last pic and the first one too. Safe travels! xoxo

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Oh yes!!! Absolutely...my room growing up was something like these....

Post a Comment