Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Best Friend's Wedding

My best friend got married last weekend and she looked like a princess. It was a beautiful Christmas wedding. The church was aglow with the soft light of candles and a great twinkly tree.
A forest of poinsettias in vibrant holiday red lined the aisles and altar steps. Throughout the ceremony a choir played celestial music with shiny brass handbells...Josh could hardly hold it together as Kelly walked towards him.
At the end of the service, the sound of jingle bells filled the church as we each shook the bell we were given to ring the new bride and groom down the aisle. 
On his way out of the church, Dad stopped to hug Kelly and said, "This is one of my dreams come true." She is very loved by our family and so many!
Kel and I have known each other since high school and have been sisters ever since. She's queen of the dance floor. Always up for an adventure. Hilarious. A passionate doctor. Striking and tall.
She has golden God-given highlights. Never wears make-up and is stunning nonetheless. She fiercely loves her family and friends and holds strong to her high values. I think we get each other so well because we operate on the same level of crazy :)
We've stood by each for through so many milestones. She stood beside me on my wedding day, too. My parents, not so secretly, wish she could officially be a part of our family, but she is.
Kel and Josh we're all so happy for you!

Clearly.

Julia D. said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding. Congratulations to the bride and groom!

Post a Comment