Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Organized Inspiration

In the spirit of "My Cup of Te," I'm endlessly searching for inspiration! I save everything from old pictures, postcards, paint chips, magazine tears, fabric swatches, and even a drink stained cocktail napkin scribbled with a sweet note! Over the years I've amassed quite a collection of wonderful keepsakes and up until this year, save the few lucky ones, most of these cherished items have been stowed away in a box under the bed. Last Fall I decided that it was time to bust out my "inspiration" in full view, in the form of my picture frame collage (mentioned in an earlier post), because what's the point of inspiration but to be inspired? It surely wasn't doing that collecting dust under the bed! How is your inspiration on display?

Cork board Chic- ready to be filled with bits of inspiration! Love the shape!!
Interior design by Turquoise LA, Image via littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com

Same shape, but doubled up in black!


Quirky cork boards-silhouettes! A DIY from abrooklynlimestone.com


Another DIY from craftynest.com, fashioned from a plastic mirror frame, covered in fabric, and finished with grosgrain ribbon. Shabby Chic!