Saturday, March 6, 2010

Etsy Round-up: Fairytale Edition

An Alice in Wonderland inspired wedding!

I've always considered myself a dreamer. As a child I loved to revel in the fantastical- one of the silliest memories I have is sitting in a closet with a childhood friend and hoping with all our might that we'd magically be transported to Narnia!

I would devour books doused in whimsy- anything by Roald Dahl and Madeleine L'Engle were just my Cup of Te. Even the whole series of Anne of Green Gables was a fave, not because it was based in an imaginary world (last time I checked P.E.I is a very real place with real people), but because I related to Anne "with an -e" who was always being scolded by Marilla for her wild imagination and excessive daydreaming!

Many years later as a 20-something living in the real, grown-up world, I still love to find that bit of magic in everyday (minus the hours of sitting in closets!) so it was only natural that I go see Alice and Wonderland on opening night. I'll spare you a movie review, and leave you with the fact that I loved it, and I love the fact that it's inspiring the world to delight in the impossible!

Here's a round-up of real fantasy fixes! Each picture is linked to their Etsy shop :)

"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!"

Step 1.
Step 2.

I know it's early to be thinking about Halloween, but I would totally rock this

with a tutu and funky blazer as the girl version of the Mad Hatter!

Alice in Wonderland inspired tea tags for a tea party!

All of these adore headbands can be found here.

The "White Rabbit"
The "Red Queen"

"The Flowers of the Forest"

Have you found the magic in your day yet? ;)
Maria Killam said...

I love that last question, it's just as magical as this post :)

Linda said...

very very fantastic photos! very funny!!
have a nice Sunday!

Post a Comment