Sunday, March 21, 2010

Food Adventures: Roasted Red Pepper and Mango Salsa


Lately I've been on this roasted red pepper kick- it was love at first sight, rather bite, when my mom introduced them to me a few weeks back! I eat them plain, on veggie burgers, in salads, on just about anything that makes sense! They not only add a deliciously rich red to your meals, but they're also a good source of fiber and vitamins C and A!

Considering this, it was only natural that I find a way to incorporate roasted red peppers into an impromptu meal for a pleasantly impromptu dinner invite! My friends Meg and Mike (from Supper Club!) who were exhausted from golfing all day knew that I would be having dinner for one, and were thoughtful enough to have me over! I met them at the grocery store downstairs, and we quickly brainstormed ideas for dinner sans recipes. After perusing the less than appetizing fish selection, we decided on grilled chicken with roasted red pepper and mango salsa!

Here's what you'll need:
1 can roasted red peppers (you can roast them yourself, but for impromptu purposes these are just as delicious!)
1 ripe Mango
1 small red onion
1 Avocado
Cilantro (I used Dorot from Trader Joe's because I feel the flavor infuses quicker)
Fresh garlic or garlic powder
Lime juice (I forgot the lime!!! argh. M&M probably wanted to smack me because I couldn't get over the fact it was missing that extra kick haha)

Chop, mix, and let it sit for a few in the fridge to let all the flavors mingle together in the lime juice **If you forgot it like me, don't sit through the entire dinner whining about it...let it go ;)

For next time, I'll add some cayenne pepper for some heat to complement the sweetness of the mango and peppers! I was thinking maybe some olive oil too to help the flavors mix? Not sure, but either way this salsa was a fresh, tasty, topping for the butterflied chicken that was grilled to perfection!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday darlings! Cheers, Rox
Kellie Collis said...

Now that looks amazing! x

lilac and rose said...

wow! looks amazing and so timely since i just bought mangos. will try tonight! thanks.

Sniff said...

This looks good! I definitely gonna try it.

Post a Comment