Friday, May 14, 2010

Dear Weekend and others...

{via}

Dear Mother-in-law,
Thanks so much for the illegal amount of peonies. The condo is happily peppered with mini vases of hot pink blooms.

Dear Gym "Baller,"
I came to work up a good sweat and get my tush in shape not to flirt with boys. Either way "Lord have mercy" and "Girl, what's yo name" are not welcome.

Dear Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, and Giada De Laurentis,
Thank you for your brilliant recipes! I'm hoping they make me look like a rockstar in the kitchen this weekend.

Dear overweight jackass in a kid's size polo and too short of shorts at Jeff's Bucket Shop,
When I'm graciously introducing you and your song, "I'm proud to be an American," it is not kind to reprimand me with "Do you even know what it's like to be American?" Well Hello to you too, and I was not aware Americans were only white?

Dear best friends,
Thanks for sticking up for me when said jackass was being a jackass.

Dear Grooveshark,
You rock. I'm loving the 90's playlist you helped me make- Gin Blossoms. Lisa Loeb. Meredith Brooks. Nirvana. Counting Crows. Smashing Pumpkins. Better than Ezra. Sinead O' Connor. The Cranberries, etc., etc. etc. Loving it!

Dear Farmer's Market,
The asparagus and strawberries were fresh and delicious and went perfectly with our mimosa brunch of Steak and Eggs Benedict!

And lastly and most importantly...

Dear Weekend,
Thanks for finally arriving and bringing the sunshine and family!! I have been awaiting your arrival since Monday morning :)

Dear darling loves,
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Cheers,
Roxy
Unknown said...

Are you kidding me with that jackass? No really? are you? ugh!

Roxy Te said...

So ridiculous, right?! I wanted to hit him! grr I think he's one of the reasons I love NYC so much...the city is so full of diversity and everyone (or at least everyone I came across) embraces it!

petras b. said...

Amazing post!
Happy Friday!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

i can belive it, that guy is definitely a d-lord! sidenote-i love this post- so original and entertaining!

Unknown said...

"Girl, what's yo name?"
OMG, lol, seriously?? Seriously? Hilarious post, Roxy, though a bit disturbing. What is wrong with people, that one comment reminds me of the The Office episode where Michael Scott meets Karen and says "You're very exotic-looking, was your father a GI?" Painful, argh!

Post a Comment