Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Food Adventures: What Uppp Anthony Bourdain

So, I love food.  All kinds of food.  You will be hard pressed to name something I will not put in my mouth.  Well, at least once anyways.  Besides the obvious joy I get out of cooking and eating, I cannot get enough of the travel channel's No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain.  I love that he loves a good hard cocktail at any time of the day.  I love his sarcastic sense of humor.  And I love his job- will travel for food?  Sign me up.  With that said, it was only natural of me to drag my family to at least one Bourdain approved spot during our travels abroad.

Enter, Noryangjin Fish Market.  Seoul, South Korea.

"Sea squirts."  Have you ever heard of such?

Not sure, but I would definitely eat this.   Would you?

Live octopus anyone?  It was on my checklist, but we didn't have time.  I swear. 

You think I lie.  But this is exactly what your dirty little mind thinks it is- Sea Penis! HA!

In this instance, I do lie.  This is one thing I will not put in my mouth.  Not even once.  

Stingrays $20 each

 Of course there was plenty of normal seafood to be found such as shrimp, crabs, and lobster, etc., but what fun would that have been to share?  If I managed to gross you out, at the very least you learned something new today because I'm pretty sure you have never heard of our little friend, sea penis.

More on my travels to come...
Cheers loves!