Thursday, September 30, 2010

Food Adventures: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

{Obsessed with pumpkins as in I had my bridal photo shoot in a pumpkin patch! Photography by Kristin Byrum} 

The other weekend I awoke and immediately decided that I was going to treat myself to Starbucks, and by treat you should know that although I love my lattes, I do not subscribe to the idea that spending 4 some dollars on a caffeine fix every morning is a good way to spend your precious pennies! 

Anyways, as I was waiting in line for the usual (a soy latte with a sprinkle of cinnamon), I was delighted to see that the Pumpkin Spice latte was back! I never order said spice latte, but you know as sure as the leaves change, as sandals turn into boots, and as the reg. latte turns into a Pumpkin that Fall has arrived! My seasonal obsession with all things pumpkin has officially begun!  Pumpkins are cropping up everywhere, and I'm currently salivating over these chocolate cookies with a pumpkin twist...

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you'll need: 
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

What to do: 
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
2. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. 


Don't they look absolutely divine?  I could probably eat a dozen. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about a bikini anytime soon - Hello Pumpkins and Hello Fall! 

{Via Just Bella}
Unknown said...

ROXY!!! those look soooooo gooood!!! i am going to have to try to make these...xo~ have a good day :)

Sarah J said...

thanks for the daily motivation & inspiration!!!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Yes they do look divine. I am very hungry for some cookies all of a sudden. Would love to try this recipe!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

oh those look tastey! my mouth is watering.

Melissa said...

WHAT?!! I've never tried pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but um.... they sound (and look) AMAZING. Fall food's the best!

Sarah said...

I really want to try this recipe!! they look so yummy!

jenn from midlife modern said...

HA! Love that you wore cowboy boots under your wedding dress. I can sorta see myself doing the same thing!

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

These look soo yummy!!! Love pumpkin cookies! Bookmarked :)

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

allergic to vanilla said...

Tell me why I just came back from Trader Joe's and bought a ginormous Butternut and Spaghetti squash? I love this time of year, and take full advantage of all the seasonal fruits and veggies, I like to make a roasted red pepper and butternut squash soup! I might just try my luck at the pumpkin choco cookies!

ps love your wedding pics...adorb

xo
AllergicToVanilla.com

christine, just bella said...

Aww, I'm glad I inspired you, did you make the cookies yet!!?

Anonymous said...

How delicious do they look and sound? OMG. And they also sound so... healthy because of the pumpkin!

carla - the pretty dish said...

these look absolutely delicious!
xo
Carla
www.theprettydish.com

Post a Comment