Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Interiors {Re-inspired!}

I've been iffy about a certain mirror.  A mirror that I've looked at for years.  A mirror that has in turn looked back at me and asked among many, many other things...

What are you going to wear today?

Whether it was from my grungy days (thank God there is no found evidence) when I most probably dressed myself to the tune of Smells like Teen Spirit or to Gavin Rossdale crooning about Glycerine OR the days when Cher from Clueless was my inspiration not to wear the same stylish outfit twice for at least one semester (really?), she always seemed to have the answer.

Despite all this, all our history, I almost kicked her to the curb... until, I found this- her long lost twin...
{hello, old friend!}

I mean really, she's not too bad, right?  Although home girl may need a makeover (as I surely did back in the day!), I'm now determined and re-inspired to keep her around.  Besides, I'm sure dressing my 20 something self in front of a mirror that holds my faux pas of fashion's past could be quite amusing.  Especially in light of the fact that I now know flannel layered over t-shirts is NOT acceptable! (gag)

Do any of you ingenious D.I. Yourself-ers have any suggestions?  We would BOTH appreesh.
 
{via Belle Maison}
Unknown said...

Definitely keep her around! It's fun to own pieces with a little history behind them. Maybe you could do a little DIY gold leaf? If not a glossy black could be très chic!

Roxy Te said...

I agree! I was actually thinking glossy white, but black would be perfect too. Does anyone know what to use? Spray paint?? Oh, I can't wait! I already have the perf spot for it!

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

high gloss white sounds perfect!

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! Too funny, I was listening to some 90s music the other day, thinking "Good God, what was I thinking?!" I love the mirror, I think black would be fabulous (or white). Mainly I am loving that green chest though, GORGEOUS! XX!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

do high gloss white in rustoleum spray paint. it will be perfect. good thing you kept her around and found some inspiration for it. good luck!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

oh, i forgot to mention that you have to be patient with high gloss and do a few coats to get the sheen you want. the glossy effet doesn't show up until your third coat.

Gorgeous Glam said...

Keep it for sure! High gloss paint is your new BFF girl!

Post a Comment