Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Birthday Countdown Wish List | A House in the City

{A traipse around the West Village on a day I was sure winter had broken and spring had waltzed in, Nat and I discovered the most lovely, and I must say intriguing front door with the most delightful address- 875 1/2 Bank Street.  Whimsy in the West Village- enough to deem love at first sight and then and there it was decided...one day I shall live here}

I'm not quite wishing for a house in the city, well yes one day, but mainly just the book titled Restoring a House in the City to prepare for that, dare I say, said "one day." Some people dream of a sprawling multi-acre farm or prime waterfront property, but I dream of...

...nostalgic, tree-lined cobblestone streets and quiet neighborhoods secretly tucked away in the biggest cities on earth. I dream of renovated Brooklyn brownstones the perfect mix of neo and "trad..."

and pre-war treasures overflowing with character from ceiling medallions to chandeliers in the heart of Greenwich Village. If only my feet would one day find those antique wood floors, I promise I would never hear the creaking and squeaking. 

I'm certainly aware that all of the above comes with "unless I win the lottery price tags" so I will settle for the book since it is after all chock full of my hopes and dreams :)

Jenn from Much to My Delight said...

We share the same dream. I'd take creaky old Brooklyn brownstone over brand new McMansion any day of the week. Love those quaint village streets!

Unknown said...

I can only dream, but yes, so down with this! And Bank Street is one of the prettiest streets in the West Village, IMO. XX!

designchic said...

Adore your dreams...stunning photos!!

meg fee said...

that picture with the ladder--holy moly. please let me go there.........

Post a Comment