Sunday, November 14, 2010

Birthday Countdown Wish List | Macaroon Cakes and Sparklers!


Hello, birthday week!!! I know I must make it to the end of the week, but I'm becoming exceedingly excited for the festivities to begin! There's no denying that I'm officially in my late twenties as I decided "mid" ended at 26, but no worries, getting older is just another reason to celebrate with a little more panache than that of my early twenties drunken debaucheries! Wouldn't a cake made of dainty macaroons from famous French Bakery Laduree be perfectly fabulous? Of course there must be champagne, and I'm thinking sparklers would be utterly splendid!

On an unrelated note, how was your weekend luvies? Mine was filled with dear friends, mani and wine dates alfresco (we had the most delicious torrentes!), a soda shop brunch (alfresco of course!), pretty cupcakes, a stylish arrival from Temperley London, a jaunt to the library, a mini Sunday night dinner date (you guessed it, alfresco!), and a fall afternoon walkabout in which we encountered a grandstand street performing band! I couldn't have asked for anything more! Cheers to another week!

 
{My selections from the dessert bar at brunch! Don't you love when you don't have to choose between one or the other?}

{Via AmourAmour, Fime, and Green Wedding Shoes}
Jin said...

I think that I watched the same street band last night outside of the theatre?
Anyhoo, the cupcakes look delish...Happy Birthday Week!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Nice-looking cupcakes!

the solar flare said...

beautifull post :) i'm new on blogger and from now i'm your follower :) if you want to follow me this is the url : http://martinathesolarflare.blogspot.com/ xoxo

jenn from midlife modern said...

Your weekend sounds loverly! Can you believe I have still not tried a macaroon? I'm guessing there's probably some dainty little shop I can find them in here in NYC, but I still haven't gotten around to it. So why don't you mail me one if you end up getting that cake:)

*** said...

Love Laduree macaroons. I feel like they are most talked about cookie in the blogosphere lately. I guess everyone loves them and I cannot blame them - they are a joy to the eye and a pleasure to the tummy.

You are making me crave a macaroon for breakfast now.

xoxo

Tiffany Jen said...

that macaroon cake is adorable, and having sparklers 'would' be splendid. i'm now following your blog!~

Dreamy Princess said...

AAhh... I really want to go to Laduree. It's been my obsession><

Oh, happy birthday for you Roxy! Wish you all the best, full of blessings and always be happy((:

hahaa.. Awkward family photos are the best! Really reminds me at mine xp

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess
~I wonder what it's like to live in Paris~

Bibi said...

Macaroons... What a wonderful way to start a post...

Thanks for the comment! I'll def check out the music you suggested ^.^
That window is actually the window from my room in Leuven (= city where I go to university). It's my home away from home...

allergic to vanilla said...

Happy almost birthday!! Love your fun filled weekend, mine was REALLY low key unfortunately ;(

I can't wait to hear about all the fun, fun fun stuff youve got planned for the big day!

xo Carlina
AllergicToVanilla.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh yay! Happy almost bday! I always stretch mine out at least a week :)

Sounds like u had the perfect weekend! Mine was nice but not quite enough rest. Wish I had some macarons to get me through this Monday :)

Collette Osuna said...

SOOOO love this post!!! wow, these pics are amazing..I want one STAT lol...thanks for stopping by my blog..i love yours...new follower:)

Stop by and say Hello♥

I’m an MTV Style Blogger of the Week!!♥

20 YORK STREET said...

Ah, the famous macaroons! The excitement must be building up, I'm huge on birthdays so I can't wait to hear all about it!

besos,

Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

20 YORK STREET

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds like fun! Tres elegant, too. How exciting that your birthday is just around the corner and unbelievable how time has flown. I remember when you started your countdown...

Full Cup said...

I love the pretty Macaroons! I love all the gorgeous colors! Thank you for posting. I love your blog by the way, following!;)

xo,

Molly Jane

PS. Stop by and say hello!

www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

Post a Comment