Monday, December 13, 2010

Malibu Photo Recap

Meet my great uncle Landon Strattan who feeds the neighborhood strays out of the good of his heart, hand-built half his house, and escaped to the Filipino hills during the Spanish-American war. Also introducing my hilarious great aunt Aleli who still mourns over the day she gave away her red stilettos with rhinestone heels, is glued to her kindle like I am to books (do we have this backwards?), and sweetly smiled for the picture although she had not had a chance to put on her "face and eyebrows.


This is where Jane treated us to a delicious lunch, Tra Di Noi, after spending the morning in a design meeting in her personal art studio! There was no shortage of inspiration as she has hundreds of paintings like the one below of her last summer at St. Catherine's, and I'm wildly excited about all the fun projects we have planned!! She is an incredibly warm and welcoming person and also gave us a tour of her beachfront home with stunning views of Malibu and my favorite an organic garden the size of a basketball court!


During lunch we somehow got to talking about social media then to my blog! I couldn't conceal my excitement about all the positive things it had brought into my life- I told her I thought it was a great way to connect to people and might be something she would love to do. We had planned on parting ways after lunch and shopping at Malibu Country Mall (we all agreed on the necessity of Chloe flats), but her and Cheri (her awesome and equally artsy right hand!) wanted to create the blog immediately. Back to the house we went where I helped set up Joy and Serenity and the first post! She already has 45 followers after two days! yay!


Mom and I were giddy with excitement after such a productive day and couldn't help but to stop back by Malibu Country Mall for treats and goodies. What else does a girl need besides nail polish, cookies, and a bottle of red? The California sun was shining the whole time and upon disembarking the plane (a frigid east coast does not a welcome make!) my spirits were lifted by a fabulously gay male steward who told me that my face looked as smooth as a baby's bottom and loudly announced to the remaining passengers that had he been more of a man or I less of a woman, him and I...well you get the picture! (Bahah!) All in all a wonderful trip!

Hope y'all enjoyed your Monday and my Malibu recap as much as I did my weekend!! Cheers to another week, lovelies!
Lili said...

wow, "hanging out with jane"? cool!

Dreamy Princess said...

Seems like it was a delightful weekend!((:

The restaurant is lovely. Also the painting;D

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess
~I wonder what it's like to live in Paris~

Amanda said...

What a blasty blast!

this free bird said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend here Roxy. The weather was beyond divine and the Country Mart never disappoints!! Yay!!

xo,
c

Joyti said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time.
And your grand uncle and aunt sound like amazing people.

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Sounds like a lovely trip with your parents.

Islandia Lane said...

looks like a great time! and so agree on the shopping finds - love them all! esp that pinky/purple color.

Dee Paulino said...

Looks like you'd a great weekend.
This is my first time here, you have a lovely blog.

Post a Comment