Monday, January 17, 2011

Cade Martin



Aren't these photos by photographer Cade Martin absolutely breathtaking? Dancers can do the most incredible things with their bodies as art! A darling reader sent them to me last week and between the Black Swan ballet buzz and the sheer beauty of the photos, I couldn't help but to share.

Cade Martin's clients range from the Department of Defense to the Washington Ballet. How's that for versatility? To see more of Cade Martin's truly thought provoking work, click here.
Diana Mieczan said...

Such an incredible images..Im totally inspired by them:) Have a fantastic day,sweetie
Kisses

Michaela said...

They are beautiful, so graceful!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Wow - I'm blown away by them, Roxy. That one with the two swordsmen and the little trees is so whimsical!

Anonymous said...

inspiration lovely pie!

Deanna Pai said...

These are so awesome -- I'm taking a class in fabulist fiction (it entails magic and invention) and these photos look like one of those stories come to life! My favorite would definitely be the cluster of balloons with the two little legs peeking out. Hope you have the loveliest Monday, Roxy!

Unknown said...

AMAZING images. I could stare all day.
Dancers have amazing bodies that express such emotion.
I was a hardcore ballerina (like dance practice 5 days a week) from 6 until 16...and then I chose cheerleading over ballet...just seemed like way more fun....sigh.
I wish I had stuck with it a bit longer....

ashley nicole catherine said...

amazing!! i love that he's capturing dancers mid-air, which is stunning in an of itself.

xo.ashley

lawrence said...

wow. such powerful images. dancers have amazing control over their bodies and i feel like these images really capture that. stunning. go see a ballet!!!

knack said...

these are absolutely wonderful! I love the last one with the ship in the bathtub! so fun!

have a great day!

xo

Ash said...

i love love love LOVE these! I think I'll have to do a repost :)

La Boheme said...

Yes when I saw the top one for the first time I thought how cool!? Just found your blog and looking forward to coming back :) xo

ever ours said...

this made my day.

Unknown said...

The two with the balloons are just KILLING me with their goodness. To. Die. For.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

these are wonderful and so fanciful. love the one where you see two legs being lifted by balloons.

Jennifer said...

Love the pics! For a sec I wasn't sure if that was the capital in the background of the first one or not. So pretty.

Leigh said...

these are AMAZING photos! they are so great, and i feel so inspired! thanks so much for sharing :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

Heart Charlie said...

What amazing photographs! What an amazing photographer :) Love these images, yes black swan/ballet fever is sweeping the fashion nation! haha, love all of it!

Laura Bear said...

oh your blog is my new favorite find!!

Unknown said...

Woooooow. I mean really. Wooooow.

I kept saying Woooow out loud as I looked at these photos. My husband finally came over to see what all the jaw dropping was over.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

oooh these photos are absolutely amazing. Oh and the models in these photos must have had a blast!

Sniff said...

Fantastic photos!

Gloria said...

wow, so stunning and creative!

Post a Comment