Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fancy a Fete?


I believe that life is a celebration and that champagne could quite possibly be classified under la quotidienne, therefore, please forgive me if my posts take on a frivolous, dinner partying, party dressing tone! ;)

p.s. Have you ever heard of a hostess gown? This orange batik version is from the 70's, and I've found myself wondering if I could pull it off! What do you think, darlings? So ness or un-ness?

*"Fancy a FĂȘte?" will be posted every Thursday. Missed the first? Click here!*

{Table Decor via The Pursuit of Style, Dress Kate Spade via MellyOnline}
Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Champagne and fabulous tabletops?! Count me in!

Joyti said...

I've never heard of a hostess gown.
But champagne sounds fabulous. We should have more of it in life.

Roxy Te said...

Neither have I, Ms. Indie! I think one tip of a toast and I would think it's a fabulous idea hahaha

Lilacandgrey said...

i just bought a pink "hostess gown" from a vintage shop..I am planning on taking some photos of my recent vintage store finds so keep posted..

PS. I can;t figure out when it will be appropriate to wear the "gown" :)
<3 Cara
Lilac and Grey

Courtney Erin said...

I've never heard of a hostess gown either but I think it sounds like a wonderful thing!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

im a fan of color so YES to that dress. i love it!!!!

Deanna Pai said...

I am so on board with your frivolous, dinner partying, party dressing tone! I could never for my life pull off that hostess gown, but the idea of a hostess gown in itself sounds like so much fun.

Brittany said...

So I've heard of a hostess gown before and have always wondered what happened to this wonderful idea. So I say maybe you should bring it back and you should totally get the dress...also I LOVE the table!

Lili said...

im loving this thursday series...great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

love this series! can't wait to see more :)

xo,
joAnn

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Sounds like a fabulous fete I'd love to attend! :)

Lindsay said...

I don't think I'll ever get tired of that fabulous de Gournay tablescape! The dress is a perfect pairing too! xo

SARA REDD said...

That orange makes my heart so happy. And that table setting... drool.

Love it, Roxy!

Xo,
Sara

thais said...

loving the live and warm colors... and a hostess gown? you totally could!!

Post a Comment