Tuesday, February 8, 2011

101 Things in 1001 Days No.23 and No.1

Before I get to the numero uno, let's talk about No. 23. No. 23 is frivolous in nature, but very necessary to make my 101 in 1,001 complete. To drive home my point, please see case study of former Bazaar fashion editor turned freelance writer, Miroslava Duma.


Do you see where I'm headed (pun intended) with this? Just in case this Russian "it girl" hint is going over your head (sorry), my No. 23 is to wear more things on my head and to somehow by the good grace of the fashion gods pull it off like Miroslava! Are you a No. 23'er?

Now onto the big kahuna, No.1! I've decided to make this announcement today as the papers have been sent, my pretty pennies pledged, and the nerves mounting at a horrific speed...

All the paperwork ready to go and the first of many checks- eeeek!!

...No. 1 start my own business! I'm all a fluster with excitement, and I seriously apologize for the beyond annoyance of half sharing..it's really. stupid. But I'm only in the beginnings of product development and despite really wanting to wait until I have something I'm proud of, I also really needed to talk about it! Won't you tag along with me? I'm going to need all the support I can get :)

{Miroslava via Vintage Pretty Pearl}
Deanna Pai said...

Oh my gosh, Roxy, that's so exciting! Can't wait to see how beautifully it turns out ('cause you know it will).

Roxy Te said...

I hope so, Deanna!! :)

Anonymous said...

EXCITING!!!! Can't wait to see :)

xo,
joAnn

KC said...

Congrats, Roxy! SUPER EXCITED FOR YOU! I'm always trying to scheme up new business ideas and am so excited to hear about your entrepreneurial adventures :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving these numbers...
...homegirl Miroslava a)has a cool name and b)rocks the socks off those headpieces...love her style, too...

...and homegirl R to the oxy, you go!...thanks for the teaser...own businesses by smart & terrific women ROCK!

Ashley said...

Congrats! I started my own business as I rang in 2011 and couldn't be happier! Good luck to you, I have no doubt you'll be a success!

xo
Ashley
www.cookin-in-heels.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Roxy- I feel all your many butterflies!! I am at the EXACT same point in starting my own business!!! I am beyond excited and nervous of course! BUT I say if you're going after a dream...GO BIG...It should give you those fabulous butterflies!!! Can't wait to see all that's in store!

xoxo-Tiffany

delightfully-chic.blogspot.com

Sandy a la Mode said...

CONGRATS on deciding to start your own business!! that is no easy feat and taking the courage to do so is soo inspiring!!!

Navy Bean said...

Congratulations! It must be so daunting but also so exciting! I can't wait to see what you have in store!

Ash said...

That is SOOO exciting! Congratulations woman :) And I LOVE these head pieces- def need to do this more, also!

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

I'm obsessed w her...she's gorgeous and soo chic!!

And so exciting about your business!! What could it be? The possibilities are endless! Wishing you luck dear!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Yay! Congrats! Can't wait to see what you have come up with! Good luck!

Marcie said...

That is awesome! Women like you are so inspiring! Can't wait to hear all about it.

xo Marcie

ps- stop by tomorrow, I am hosting my first giveaway ever and it is L'Occatine :)

Gorgeous Glam said...

Congrats! So exciting! xo

Behind the Lashes said...

Congratulations!!!

ashley cooper said...

do tell more!! What business are your creating?! I am excited for you, CONGRATS! xoxo

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

Congrats! That's my dream to start my own business as well, now i just need some courage like you :)

yasmin said...

I will be sending you my resume bussiness owner woman!! That is exciting! As much as I want to JUST KNOW I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear about it, little by little!!

Rebecca said...

This is soooo exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your new business, Roxy! Anytime you need to talk shop, just let me know - I'd love to help :)

Karlita said...

wow! how exciting! I think many of us would like to start our own businesses! want to know about it! good luck! and love your list!

Post a Comment