Thursday, February 17, 2011

Retro Glam Fascination

RETRO. GLAM. DESIGN. Kelly Wearstler’s redesign of the landmark Tides South Beach.

RETRO.GLAM. DRESS. The "hostess gown" in Woman's Day 1967

I'm absolutely fascinated with this so-called hostess gown that keeps popping up on several vintage sites I've come across. Have you heard of them?  I'm dying to find one and have had full on daydreams of throwing a fabulous social. Cocktails would all be certain throwbacks- gimlets, gin fizz, the French 75, the pre-Prohibition Waldorf's Jack Rose. My home would be decked out in Wearstler retro glam, and I of course, would be in my hostess gown! Do you fancy my fête?
alison (semi-fab lane) said...

sounds like my kind of party!

Shana B. said...

I am in love with this room! Must get printed caftan immed!

samantha ramage said...

the dresses remind me of mrs. roeper from three's company!

xo
sami

samantha ramage said...

the dresses remind me of mrs. roeper from three's company!

xo
sami

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Sounds amazing! And I will take that zebra rug please :)

Unknown said...

Loving these maxis..(they remind me of maxi's) the prints are unreal....so fun!
So aside from the fashions...can I be on the invite list to your fabulous soiree?
C

A Crimson Kiss said...

Sounds like a divine party! Now all you need is a Palm Beach manse!

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with just about any hotel Kelly Wearstler designs. We just stayed at The Viceroy in Anguilla - FABuLOUS and you best believe that I had a few caftans to lounge around in. You can find them all over the internet - eShakti, Leifsdottir, at Saks and of course at a good vintage store. I'm all about the caftan! Well, if I'm honest, I'm all about Retro Glam or as I call it "Disco!"

Stylishly yours,
Kalyn

Heart Charlie said...

I am loving this retro glam post!! That room is inspirational and belongs in my country house....ahem...my imaginary country house that is ;) haha

I LOVE the quote you left on my blog..."If you dig a hole and it's in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help." ---HOW AMAZING! that perfectly sums it all up, thnx for sharing!

Post a Comment