Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

I didn't have a pear on hand and chose to use coconut milk instead of almond- sweet success fresh out of my trusty magic bullet!


I haven't posted about food in quite sometime, but after making this fantastically green smoothie I just had to share! It's jam packed with one full cup (each!) of superfoods kale and spinach and tastes like nothing more than a sweet, delectable banana smoothie. After downing this greener than green concoction, I feel kinda like superwoman :)


All I need now is a tiara!

For the recipe, hop on over to Taylor's fabulous blog, Sterling Style!

{Images My own & Catching Fireflies}
Anonymous said...

i make this all the time! my sister started it and she called it the green monster...so that's what i call it too. i think i definitely get that superfood high from drinking it! happy wednesday :)

Ashley said...

I may just have to try this! The BF and I are on a quest to eat MUCH healthier, and this would fit into the diet perfectly!

xo
Ashley
www.cookin-in-heels.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I've been making lots of smoothies lately. I love coconut milk in anything. Definitely need to give this one a try. After I drink a green smoothie I feel like I have tons of energy too!

Jess said...

I'll take that tiara and cape too! Thanks :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I really need to try this today:) It sounds really great! Thanks, sweetie

Ps: I’m hosting a cool Loop GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in:)

Lillian C said...

That looks like a yummy power shake - a great way to start off the day, with your healthy green veggies. I'll have to try this! :)

Amber said...

I am certain there is a tiara somewhere around... Miss Congeniality

The Iconic Blog said...

Looks intriguing...haha. Okay, Okay. I'll try it.xx

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Yum- we love making smoothies- I like to add strawberries and blueberries- the blueberries cover up the green which one of my monkeys is against.

Unknown said...

once i get a blender, that smoothie is mine! my mom makes one every morning and i need to jump on that train.

Mandy said...

I keep hearing about this type of green smoothie, so I guess that's a sign I should try it! The color of it just scares me a bit...I'm weird like that :)

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Wow I'm impressed. Im not sure I could stomach a beverage like that...

Kimia Kline said...

ooo that drink looks so delicious!

jessicaraesommer said...

Oh why hello there! I am loving looking around your blog this am--- yes, btw, those are my paintings! Thank you so so much. Very appreciated.

SO, this smoothie image has me jealous, because I used to make these all the time! Um... YUM! But I don't have a blender anymore. Hmmm Maybe I need to rethink that. Because these taste amazing. Also- on above post...For some reason I completely loveee the striped satchel. I wear mostly neutrals so this would be an amazing pop. I like the word satchel too, might start using it. That and words like 'bleak' 'dodgy' and 'smart'. Sounds very english ( what to I know?!) and I like it-

Sorry for the saga, I got excited. Come back and visit soon!

xo Jessica Rae
{Lovelyuglydesign}
www.lovelyuglydesign.blogspot.com
www.jessicaraesommer.blogspot.com

Arianna Belle said...

I LOVE green juice! Definitely a breakfast of champions! :-D I usually make it with kale, romaine lettuce, green apple, ginger and lemon. Never tried it with coconut milk though! Sounds yummy!

Post a Comment