Friday, March 4, 2011

Ombre and the Ponytail

Isn't she the picture of the perfect weekend uniform? I think I even have her tank if it's from American Apparel


Are you known for a certain hairstyle? My friends know me for the "bumped" ponytail. I'd like to think bumped as in more J.Crew and less Snooks. Fortunately my signature 'do (how delightful to have a signature!) is pin-less and sans hairspray. Somehow it just stays? I'm hoping to add a little flair to my so-called "signature" with a little ombre action like Caroline's. My stylist says it's called melting, and we (yes, I'm incapable of making decisions without my stylists' blessing because she is a genius) have decided we're going for it once the weather warms. Do you have a signature? Or better yet, one with a twist?

{Via A Cup of Jo}
Jessie said...

No signature for now--with a wedding quickly approaching I am trying to make my hair as boring as possible. I don't want to look back in 10 years and think "wtf?" The day I get back from my honeymoon I am going with ombre. Until then I am going to live through you and your "melt".

Jessie @ Tasty Fare, Pretty Wear said...

Love this bump-without-the-bumpit look. Love the ombre hair, too - wish I had the guts to go lighter!

Gabriella said...

Hmm. I wear either a high ponytail, but rather loose on the head (not very messy though, I like it if it still has a 'clean' look), or a loose chignon. Sometimes I wear it down, but more often than not my hair is up. x

Anonymous said...

ahh, my doppelganger, we've done it again. i do the bumped pony as well! and also hope that i do not look like snookie...yikes. i do it also without any spray or pins...love it! we are HAIRMATES!

have a fab weekend!

xo,
joAnn

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

during the summer, i'm known for my messy bun and during the rest of the year my messy, wavy hair. so yeaaaa, guess the signature is the hair. hehe.

enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

ahaha i either wear my hair in a super high bun or leave it down...super messy.lol.depends on how i feel!ahaha

Unknown said...

I had my hairstylist do the 'ombre' look last April but she botched it! I ended up buying a honey hair dye and doing it myself. It doesn't look nearly as good as hers but it looks good now that the bleach is grown out!

ashley nicole catherine said...

love this pic. the messy ponytail is so cute. i wish i had a signature style - i'm terrible at doing my own hair!

xo.ashley

yasmin said...

Ah I made an appointment to do this like a month ago and am so excited! I hope you do it and show!!

Whitney Davis said...

Well hello, North Carolina friend!

Ombre hair has been showing up on a couple blogs lately, and I can't lie, I'm tempted! Unfortunately, I'm a red head and I'm not really sure how ombre red would work out. Le sigh.

I hope you had a fab weekend!

http://joyisstyle.blogspot.com

Post a Comment