Thursday, March 24, 2011

Today's Mantra



Take it from the girl who moved away from the city who held and holds her heart and who had a million teary episodes about the town that really was. There is absolutely NO USE in wishing for what is not. For dreaming of the what if's and what could be's, despite the promise of the manufactured perfect, will only lead to the opposite of savoring the moment. This is the moment you should live in, engage yourself, and make the mundane magnificent. And you know the best thing about this? Do all three and you won't even have to try to be beautiful. You will radiate it.

{Spotted at Rue |  Learn more at Groundwork}
Rustika said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you... this is a good reminder...

Jessie said...

Cheers!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I love this. So very, very true.

Anonymous said...

amen to that sister

xo,
joAnn

cailen ascher said...

fabulous post. i (attempt to) live in the present moment as much as possible. not always an easy thing to do...

great blog - so glad i stopped by today : )

til next time,
cailen
ps i'm your newest follower

www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne said...

Did you just write all that?! You are awesome!

Heart Charlie said...

Love the new profile pic!! And I love this sign, very encouraging!

Oooohhhh "a Schiap semi-matte sister in coral"?? Amazing!! You know I tried a coral and an orange shade last time I went to Sephora for Nars and I couldn't decide how it made my skin look in color. I decided to give it a week and go back to retry the colors. I am due back soon ;) Let me know what you find as well!

Navy Bean said...

A great mantra to live by. I have a similar saying on my wall:

Kiss your life, accept it just as it is. Today. Now. So that those moments of happiness you're waiting for do not pass you by. Kiss your life today, now just as it is.

I need this daily reminder. Thank you for this post!

ever ours said...

love it! love the type too!

ashley nicole catherine said...

GREAT advice and something i could remember more often. thanks for the reminder :)

xo.ashley

Post a Comment