Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who's that Tree?

I confess what is supposed to be my "green thumb" is a deathly shade of black. Flowers cower at the sight of me and herbs all but sprout feet and run in the other direction. Can you relate? Despite this penchant for killing off all things green, I can never manage to say no for the good of the plant. Recently I'm after a certain tree who may consider itself lucky because I cannot identify it in order to buy it! Can anyone name it? ;)

{Trip Haenisch in Lonny | Jonathan Adler Design }
Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I've been looking for the name of that tree too! I love how bright and glossy the green is.

thais said...

I can't name it but for sure love a little green inside the house. it gives the home a little life.

Amber said...

Thankfully dear hubby has a huge green thumb. Flowers are always sitting on desks, vanitys and end tables when I get home from work (oh and the kitchen sink too). Can't wait for you to walk through the jungle of palms on the porch. Summer is fast approaching! xoxo

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Amber at Amber Interiors uses those trees in her decor too...love them. have no idea what they are.

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Not 100% sure, but I think it's a fiddle leaf fig tree. Ally on From The Right Bank posted about them a few months ago: http://www.fromtherightbank.com/2011/01/wanted-a-fiddle-leaf-fig-tree/

Anonymous said...

They are definitely a fiddle leaf fig. Joi at Nuestra Vida Dulce had a similar post wondering what they were. They are everywhere these days. http://daveandjoi.blogspot.com/2011/05/wish-list-fiddle-leaf-fig.html

Samantha said...

I'd say fig also. And I'd like one, too.

Post a Comment