Monday, July 18, 2011

Coffee Table Chic

WSJ Online
Elle & The Coveteur | Home of jewelry designer Laura Freedman


Do you put your prettiest things on display? I say there's really no point in having them if you don't, which is why I love Rita Konig's tips on styling, but not over styling your coffee table chic!  Here are her 5 quick tips for zhushing up this living room staple: 1. Stack big books 2. Vary shapes 3. Get one good candle 4. Striking ashtray 5. Form tableaux.

Easy peasy stylish, right? Click here to read the full article! 


And So I Whisper said...

I also love to display favorite things on my coffee tables around the house. Books, candles, etc.

Anonymous said...

i wish my coffee table looked that nice!
mine is used as a dump site

Unknown said...

Haha!I really love the legs!

Unknown said...

Every time I see those legs I laugh...totally need them!

Unknown said...

Those legs are adorable...
there once was a time that I had awesome candles and books on my coffee tables.....and then along comes toddler and you have to pretty much lock all your decor away in a closet to wait until their old enough NOT to put it all in their mouths...lol. I learned the hard way and had some super fabulous coffee table books shredded by my lil monster...sigh.
C

samantha ramage said...

fabulous tips! i just wish everything never got covered in dust. that would make life easier.

xo
sami

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Great advice! Stacking books certainly helps.

Samantha said...

I've tried - but we always seem to be shoving things off to the side so we can eat.

Post a Comment