Monday, August 22, 2011

My Little Piece of NYC

The search continues for our little piece of NYC. Over the weekend we stumbled upon an apartment that is definitely worth seeing twice. It's quintessential New York- exposed brick possibly pre-war which would be my dream. It has gorgeous worn hardwoods (forget the parquet!), marvelous molding, and even a fireplace. Decorating dreams are already dancing through my head! I must know, as a renter, would you paint darlings?

{My Dream West Village Apartment via Apartment Therapy}
Entrepreneuress Academy said...

Absolutely! We are actually having our place painted today! haha

xx
Mel

Jin said...

I would def. paint...especially if you are planning on being there for a while :-)

Lily said...

Yes, if you are going to be there for a while I think its worth it !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Such a cute apt!!!

Kim said...

Best of luck with the search! The first thing I did when after I signed the lease was have the management company paint it for me! If they haven't already they are probably going to have to paint before you move in, ask if you can give them your own paint.

Unknown said...

How exciting! I bet it's the one - it sounds pretty awesome! I would paint if it would help the place, I mean, you want to feel happy in there! It just depends on the size of the job I guess!

Nicole said...

I DIE for this apartment! You must show us what you do to the place. I agree to paint the new digs if you will be there for awhile.

Question though, are you leaving the fork?

Alexandra Anderson said...

I have embarked on the INCREDIBLY daunting task of apartment hunting in West Village...such small bedrooms! My gramercy apartment has its' charm (& no lack of closets!) but the West Village scene + ambiance cannot be beat. Hope the search goes well!

Unknown said...

Yes, I would paint. However, I wouldn't need to if I had some fabulous colorful artwork to hang on the walls or maybe the use of "fabric"... I'm sure one day soon you'll find your absolutely fabulous "piece of NYC".

Post a Comment