Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Picture Frame Collages

No offense if you have one, I do think they are pretty, but personally I'm over it. My collage is so LY x 2.  It makes me yawn.
I got love for ya, but I'm outtie.



The mirror collage first became a twinkle in my eye when I spotted one on Home by Novogratz and now my heart is pitter pattering over this...

and this. Mirrors are a fantastic way to make a small space look bigger, and I've officially decided I must have one, or rather 10, for our darling but petite NYC apartment.
What do you say, darlings? Have you moved on too?

{Home of Andi Potamkin & Crystal Gentilello in Rue Anniversary Issue 2011}
Glamour Drops said...

Both are ok when done well, but sadly they are often just plonked on a wall with no balance or sense of wit, and then they look a tad contrived to me.

Nikki said...

I haven't totally given up on the art wall yet. I think it can be well done if it's thought out and balanced. I also think the space is really important. But I'm just loving those mirror collections. What a genius idea to hang them close to the floor too.

Lily said...

Love the idea of a mirror collage ! Loved what they did on home by novogratz and that second photo is amazing !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Lilacandgrey said...

I never got into the collage thing- but I am loving the mirriors! Good Idea for my dining room :)
Lilac and Grey

Unknown said...

I did a mirror set in my hallway...I am glad i did!

viv said...

I'm in love with the mirror collage idea. I live in a small West Village apartment and have a mirror collage that helps the place look way bigger!

fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

We have little space and so many pictures from our wedding, so I love our photo collage (also we are both far from families so that's nice.) but I'm definitely doing the mirror collage in my office area! love the idea.

Lindsey Michael said...

I love the idea of a mirror collage! I have been collecting antique mirrors from vintage stores that would look amazing all clustered together in my dining room!

Home of m said...

I love youre blog!!! =)

Jen @ A Touch of Lovely said...

I'm LOVING mirror collages! I plan on going thrifting for some mirrors to clean up so that I can fill up a wall in my living room.

Post a Comment