Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Boat Shoes. Love or hate?


Are you okay with boat shoes? I'm pretty sure my answer is still no. My sister can attest to the fact that I pick on her for wearing them. "Where's your boat, sis?" This is probably the closest (or furthest?) I've come to deeming them any kind of acceptable- Milly for Sperry. What do you think, loves? (You do get a free pass if you own a boat.)
Jess said...

I personally love boat shoes, but they're a preppy staple—and not everyone loves prep. I think the Milly for Sperry collaboration is interesting; I'm not sure I could wear them, but I think it's great to see two brands I like collaborating!

I say, ignore those people who roll their eyes at boat shoes. These things are darn comfortable and they're a wonderful shoe for spring and summer!

Jessie said...

Ugh, reminds me too much of my freshman year. Sperry's, rolled up jeans, and polos. A period of my life I would not mind forgetting.

Lemanie said...

hmmm...I'll pass on the boat shoes!

Lemanie's Randomness Blog

Jared said...

Boat shoes are wonderful. I wear nothing but Sperry's except for the running shoe when it's required.

That said, I don't know that I'd wear the one you have in your post there, but these are my favorite: http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store/SiteController/sperry/productdetails?catId=cat90046DM&productId=7-110610&skuId=***7********0768101*M100&stockNumber=0768101&showDefaultOption=true&subCatId=cat100066DM&subCatTabId=&viewall=

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I LOVE boat shoes! They are so comfortable and great in the spring when it's wet outside. Why do you need a boat for them to be acceptable? People wear sneakers/tennis shoes when they're not running/playing tennis. People wear shoes that look like ballet shoes when they've never danced a day in their life, flip flops when they don't live near a beach and Uggs when they don't live near snow.

Boat shoes are a preppy style staple but I bet if you tried them on you would be a convert. They are sooo comfie but look nice at the same time. So timeless.

TheWhitList said...

I like them! It took me a while to get a pair of Sperry's, but I finally opted for a metallic pair. They are so cute and very comfortable!

Taylor said...

Personally, I love the Milly + Sperry collaboration. I love my current Sperrys, navy with a little seersucker, and wouldn't mind those either!

itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Lindsey said...

I was definitely not into this trend and yet somehow I picked up a pair this weekend at Nordstrom. Definitely taking them back though. My feet look GIGANTIC in them.

designchic said...

Love boat shoes, but not crazy about this pattern...happy to find and follow your blog!!

db said...

I've never been big on boat shoes... however this is sorta of Darling, in an ugly cute type of way. hmmm... I'd have to sleep on it before completely giving a complete yes!
xo
Darling Bonnie
thehouseofdarling.blogspot.com

Meredith said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Post a Comment