Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Picture Book

This weekend my family gathered at home to celebrate my dad's birthday. 

In the past we've had outrageous parties, but this year dad requested that it just be us. We bought a couple bottles of his favorite red, gathered 'round the kitchen and set to work.

It was such a beautiful night that we decided to grill steaks on the porch. Mom put me in charge of the vegetables and to go with, I decided on Ina's roasted brussel sprouts, caramelized onions, and grilled corn- simple dishes are better for meals when you're more focused on the company than the food!

I think I've mentioned this before, but my parents designed the kitchen to be more of a great room. It's my favorite part of the house because it really encourages hanging about. That's us, one picture in about 100 in a sequence, dad decided we have a dance party in front of the camera. Birthday boy gets, what the birthday wants :)
Speaking of, he was pretty thrilled about adding another gingham shirt to his collection. My brother doing the honors of styling! 
All in all, it was pretty wonderful. Hope y'all had an equally lovely weekend! 


Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your daddy! Looks like fun:)

thais said...

awww... you all look so happy. love the big space kitchen... happy belated b-day to your dad!

jenn from midlife modern said...

How lucky you are to come from such a loving and FUN family who has dance parties in the living room. I can always see so much love between you all in your photos. What a great family! Happy birthday to your hip, gingham-wearing daddy!

Albertina said...

what a wonderful celebration and beautiful family! Your dad is too cute...

Lindsey Suggs said...

Super cute pictures, Roxy! Happy bday to your dad.

Post a Comment