Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Flirty 50s


Retro style just does it for me, especially the 50s.  I'm eternally inspired by the silhouettes- feminine, flirty, sexy, chic. 50s style is the epitome of what every woman should be.

Fun fashion history side note: During the post-war era of the 1950s, women were transitioning from conservative wartime garb to full and flowing silhouettes, also what came to be known as the era of Christian Dior's iconic "New Look."

{Miranda Kerr for Harper's Bazaar US April 2012 via Fashion Gone Rogue}
renée [crossed and dotted] said...

i am also enamored of that era - great pics!

Lemanie said...

Okay I love that people in the background in the second picture are staring at her like "huh????"! Cute! I love 50's dresses!! =)

Lemanie's Randomness Blog

Shannon said...

I love the 50's and 60's era looks. I was definitely born at the wrong time! I could have seriously rocked some "New Look" dresses.

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

I freakin love it!She is reminding me of Sophia Loren....gorgeous.

However, I'm a bit envious of a woman who can eat pasta and drink wine, yet look like that.

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Loving this look!! Miranda pulls it off perfectly! SO hot, can I dress like that and pull it off?

Sarabelle said...

Miranda Kerr is always so beautiful!
xx
sarabelleblog.blogspot.com

Sara Grace said...

Miranda Kerr is so beautiful! 50s is way sexy!

Post a Comment