Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Picture Book

This past weekend was Alan's birthday. It was one of those milestone birthdays, but being what I consider to be the easiest person to please in all of the universe, he requested no big parties, only that we do some of his "favorite things." Movies are his "favorite." So we watched four (!), half of them being beyond ridiculous and one of them "Like Crazy," a captivating film about falling in love, that I truly adored. I swear, he picked it!




Seafood is his "favorite" so we ate seafood at The Mermaid Inn in the East Village. It happens to be mine too so I lucked up- lobster, oysters, calamari, shrimp, mussels, scallops. We ordered bubbly and fun, classic cocktails with a twist like the Tom Collins II and the Corpse Reviver.

Our fortunes were silly and came with chocolate pudding. A filmy, flimsy fish sits in the palm of your hand and depending on its movement your mood can be a number of things. Alan was "in love" and I was "jealous." Just what I've always wanted to be.

Of course this is going to make some of you want to vom, but yes the man surprised me with one of my "favorite things" on his "favorite things" birthday weekend. I apologize, I can't help it.

In between movies, the Masters, and a haircut, (yep, you guessed it, golf and being well-groomed are some of his "favorite things") we wandered around the city with no solid direction in mind. He had been to SoHo Park with buddies and upon passing insisted we stop in for a "cheap and awesome burger." It's so cute in there, and they have a full bar perfect for leisurely afternoon cocktails.

I couldn't let the weekend pass without a little flair so we gathered with family at B Bar in NoHo for bites and bevs.

Then there were other crazy shenanigans like dancing on tables and shots, but my mother reads this blog so I'll leave you with a civilized picture. Oh and pizza! Late night.  If you haven't gotten the gist, another "favorite." :)
(Last two pics by my adorable cousin! Do visit her new photo blog if you would like!)
Nicole Rene said...

Ahh sounds like you had a fabulous time!!! With lots of really really delicious food!! :)

Taylor said...

looks like an amazing weekend! i absolutely LOVED like crazy!!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Soho park does have cheap awesome burgers and I love the mermaid fish tellers! What a great birthday weekend. Happy Birthday Alan!! Looking forward to thursday darlin!

thais said...

happy belated birthday to your dear Alan. it looks like you guys had the best 'favorites' weekend together ;))

Shoko said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend - for both of you! Happy birthday to your beau!

Lindsey Suggs said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday to Alan!

Sara Grace said...

I hope one day my husband is as easy to please as Alan! Good Lord. Looks like a fun weekend!

Post a Comment